cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixellation - Peterborough

Timbo78
Dialled in

Today has seen a lot of pixellation and loss of channels, in exactly the same manner as the recent area-wide problem in Peterborough a few weeks ago, which lasted quite a few days.

Image breaking up into lots of coloured squares, an error message about loss of signal etc. Intermittent but fairly regular throughout the day so far.

I mention this mainly to see if the issue can be investigated at source, seeing as how this is a previous, widespread, problem. Not because I want an engineer. Yet!

16 REPLIES 16

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Timbo78 

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  automated Service Status number on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

You should also double check your connection, especially the white coaxial cable and your HDMI cable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Checked service status, which takes forever online, and there was an issue with On Demand in the area, but no mention of a loss of service or pixellation. We now have no tv channels at all again.

EDITED TO ADD - A call to the automated phone line also mentions and unspecified issue with the tv service, so hopefully this will be sorted. Again.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Timbo78

Welcome back to the community!

From looking at the account I can see the proposed outage ticket as resolved.

Can I ask whether you are still experiencing the same issues?

Thanks,

Kain

Sorry only just seen this. It has cleared up although this morning we've had a couple of brief outages lasting about 30 seconds, which happened a few days previous on both the occasions we lost the tv service in the area completely. So who knows...

Happening again today (loss of certain channels only for about two minutes this time) and I mention it only as this is exactly what happened before a total loss of service recently. A day or two where everything went, then a day where we lost some HD channels briefly with the on screen message about signal loss, followed by the entire service being lost in Peterborough.

I wouldn't be surprised to lose everything before the end of the evening, or at some time tomorrow.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd certainly recommend calling in when you have the problems, if at all possible.

There might just be something awry showing on remote checks that isn't evident at a later date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you once again for reaching out to us regarding this @Timbo78.

Are you also having issues with on-demand content? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I haven't used On Demand for months, so couldn't tell you. Sorry.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Timbo78 wrote:

I haven't used On Demand for months, so couldn't tell you. Sorry.

Could you try? Pick a programme from any of ITV, C4 or C5 and "watch from CatchUp" straight from your EPG

Do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo? The heartbeat light is the one we're concerned with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks