Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Outage in Ruislip HA4 area

Despite the Service status saying that there is one issue with the TV service I have had no TV or broadband service since Friday 9th October 2020 @ 4:30pm. No service all weekend. I pay big money for this and I expect some recompense for the service that is not being provided. I have people currently working from home that need broadband for their work.I was thinking of late to move to another provider. Not at all happy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outage in Ruislip HA4 area

Sometimes more localised faults are also listed on the status line 0800 5610061, however...if the service status is still saying "no reported faults" despite you being off-service for that length of time, it's probably because no customers who are affected have reported it.

Have you called Virgin to report your fault? If they don't know about it (and you need to assume they don't, unless they clearly do), then they can't be blamed for it not being fixed.

If you have a VM landline, call 150. If not, 0345 4541111. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my services"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My point was more about paying for a service I am not getting.

I did phone customer services before I posted here.They informed me that the fault is scheduled to be fixed by 10am Monday 12th October 2020 by their engineers, but their service status indicates a minor TV service fault and nothing about any broadband fault of which I have both. No service getting to the house seems major and not minor to me, so I phone incase it was just me or localised. Anyway that means at least two days without services yet they expect me to pay my bill in full!!!.

No doubt I could get a cheaper and more reliable service somewhere else, which I now intend to look into.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@TOMSK65 wrote:

My point was more about paying for a service I am not getting.

I'm well aware of that. My point was (and is) that if VM are not aware of a fault that's causing your loss-of-service, then they cannot reasonably be responsible for your loss of service.

The nature of the VM network is such that faults on some network elements will only affect small numbers of customers (or in some cases, single customers). If those small number of customers don't report those faults, they will go unreported and unresolved.

I have every sympathy with people who are off-service and are genuinely trying to call VM but for reasons of (predominantly) call queues, can't get through. If the user isn't trying to report their fault, then I see no reason why Virgin can be blamed for that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are not getting the point at all.

They clearly knew about the fault, but misrepresented the severity of the fault on their Service Page.

Not having the fault fixed for at least a few days seems more like they are covering for a lack of engineers to do the fix.

It is funny how you claim not to work for Virgin yet your responses are typical of a Virgin Call Centre member of staff.

Another reason for me to look elsewhere for a better service provider.

Thanks for your replies but they were anything but helpful. More like a waste of time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media are Liars pure and simple.

According to the Service Status page there is a small fault on the TV service and a good service with the broadband yet from 4:30pm on Friday 9th October 2020 I have had no TV or broadband service, a complete blackout. When ringing them up I do get a message stating my post code claiming an intermittent fault ( mine is not intermittent) and it's a complex issue and so on. Services where due to be fixed Monday 10.02am then 3pm and then told by customer service staff it would be fixed by 2am Tuesday morning. I knew this was a lie to fob me off. Still I have no services despite needing broadband for my job and no information of when I will get these services back.

Virgin state intermittent so as you can't claim back. Hiow about I'll cancel my direct debit and let them runaround after me. They are  total disgrace.

Sky or BT here I come.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media are Liars pure and simple.

Hello

Cancelling DD is not a good idea they will not chase you for it, they will stop all services until paid, charge you a late fee, if remains unpaid will then mark you credit file as an unpaid debit and transfer to the debit collectors.

All faults that are reported are estimate fix dates/times depending on what is needed.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I still wouldn't be surprised if @TOMSK65 has a separate fault to what VM are aware of, a simple call to faults C/S would clarify that either way and make sure they are aware you are off-service.

Have you called VM? You'll need to call when you cancel anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have called these idiiots multiple times as I too think I may have a seperate fault but you can't get it into their thick skulls. They keep dishing out the same scripted nonsense with no resolution in sight. There is no point in them calling out an engineer as by now I'm disgusted with the incompetence and I'm not prepared to wait any longer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Stop what services? I'm not getting any service.

You wouldn't hire a car for seven days and two of those days it breaks down and you have no use of it but still pay for seven days.

They can charge me for late fees and chase me for it.

0 Kudos