Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old Tivo box - need replacement

Hi there Virgin Media,

I have a Tivo Box which is over 7 years old. It has been making some strugling noises and freezes every so often. On the top of that, some buttons on my remote control have stopped working few days ago. So I now have to get up and change channels on the box (used to do that when I was a child and there were 3 channels) . Am I due a replacement any time soon?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Tivo box - need replacement

Servicing is included in your box rental, and so any faults you have with the box will be rectified by a box replacement if necessary after you report any problem.

VM won't automatically replace boxes without needing to, so unless you report the fault you're experiencing, then nothing will happen.

If you've had your package for a while, and you have VM home broadband (which is a requirement) then you may want to consider renegotiating onto a new bundle and seeing if you can get a box-swap to the newer V6 as part of the deal. You'd have to be willing to re-sign for another 12/18months if you take this route.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks