Menu
klloyd
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix issues

We recently subscribed to Netflix - EVERY time we attempt to watch, there is an error message after a few minutes. We restart, few minutes later, same again. It's is exceptionally frustrating to be paying for a service we can't use properly. I have attempted to contact Virgin via phone/chat to absolutely no avail! I spoke to Virgin a few months ago with similar issues with other on demand services such as BBC iplayer - but when requesting a new Tivo box (we've had this one 7 years!) I am fobbed off. Phone is fine, broadband is fine (every time I call they try and blame the wifi??) In the forum I note that other customers with same issues, once they are eventually given a new Tivo box, all works fine. I would be grateful if someone could get back to me on this, as I might as well unsubscribe to Virgin after 7 years and stop wasting money.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix issues

The TiVo is fundamentally an old box which does struggle with many of the current streaming apps - one of several reasons why many apps are now only the V6 box.

Having said that, many issues with streaming on the TiVo are caused by a failed/failing internet connection which is a fault - do you have any flashing lights on the front-left of your box?

If you've had your package a while, you may well be able to get a half-decent deal on swapping to a V6 box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
klloyd
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix issues

Thank you - that was very helpful. After a number of attempts, being kicked off the line after waiting over an hour each time, I eventually got through this morning and after a bit of cajoling they are coming out to at least take a look. Many thanks again 

0 Kudos