Menu
Smokes13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Netflix/ iplayer freezing on tivo box

Evening, i have issues with using Netflix and bbc iplayer on my tivo box upstairs. This box use to be downstairs and had the same issues, freezing after a certain length of time, if pausing a show it will continually break up after etc. The latest box downstairs seems to be slightly better. Any suggestions?

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix/ iplayer freezing on tivo box

That's normal TiVo behaviour you would have to try and get a v6

iadom
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tagged onto this thread as it is the most recent one on what appears to be a longstanding problem. BBC iPlayer works perfectly on out V^ box but has become totally unusable on our older TiVo box, initially very slow but now just refuses to load at all.

Given that I am paying £131 per month already would I have to pay even more to get this box exchanged for a V6?

Jim.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello Iadom, 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have been experiencing with your TiVo® box, I'd like to take a closer look at the issue and have sent you a private message so I can access your account. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

HELP...  

Can someone, anyone at VM cancel an appointment for a tech visit that I have not actually made or agreed to.

The last VM person who posted above, Dean C contacted me for my details by PM and was able to offer me a new V6 box which he said could be installed on the 28th May. I replied to his PM asking a follow up question about previous recordings etc but at no time did I accept this appointment. I have now had several text messages about this appointment, even an offer to come today but they are both inconvenient. I have now just had a phone call to check that the appointment for next week on the 28th is OK. I informed whoever that I had not made an appointment and he said there was nothing he could do and transferred me to customer services. After going through every menu under the sun and being advised to use SMS and getting more and more frustrated I put the phone down.

I have sent two PM's to Dean C but had no answer ( he may not be at work today)  I just want someone to cancel the appointment on the 28th of May and reschedule after the 9th of June. Surely that should not be that difficult????

Jim.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jim,

Sorry about that, I have sent you a private message. 

^Dean

0 Kudos
iadom
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean, just hoping your PM on Friday was correct because since then I have had a text on Saturday and another on Sunday from  VM informing me of the up coming appointment on the 28th.Man Frustrated

0 Kudos
Osiris100
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, appologies to add to this post but I have just had a TiVo installed (already got a TV V6 working perfectly) and like the other users Netflix and iplayer are unusable (keep stopping). Any help would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Smokes13
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon, I started this thread looking for help but it seems others have benefited which I am happy for. However, I am still left with a faulty service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Osiris100, 

Thanks for popping on the thread - sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your TiVo whilst watching iplayer and Netflix. 

May I ask how you are accessing the apps? For Netflix, are you accessing via the menus or the Netflix channel? (Does it make any difference for you?)

For iplayer - how are you accessing the programme? Can you advise what menu you are using? 

Ensure that the TiVo is connected to the server by doing this simple check: 

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Pop back when you can Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos