Menu
Highlighted
Vurginnomedia
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box

Trouble is virgin and Netflix keep blaming each other..I'm one of the few who've experienced problem on TiVo and babies with the common app Netflix..so I believe it's a Netflix problem..but they refuse to take ownership..even though my youview box showed internet connection up and all 4 Netflix servers down ie refusing connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vurginnomedia
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Try chromecast from PC to TV
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vurginnomedia
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Not babies..youview
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cas2167
Joining in
Message 54 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've just been reading through this thread and couldn't believe how long ago this issue surfaced. We've been getting this problem with Netflix buffering at 25% for the past couple of months and unfortunately I'm not sure I want to spend more wasted time on the phone to the VM Helpdesk, being treated like I'm stupid.

Do we think that there is any chance these issues will be fixed soon? I'm almost scared to enter into a new contract with a new TV box, especially if there is an increased cost.

I'm known to be an extremely patient person but after issues with TV in my area last Christmas, further intermittently issues throughout the year with disrespectful customer service, on top of the download speed issue on our broadband we're looking to change supplier in the new year as can't really justify paying just under £100 per month for rubbish. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ozsat
Community elder
Message 55 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Not worth calling VM support as it is a Netflix problem.

Have a look in the BT forums and the TalkTalk forums - they have the same issue.

@Cas2167 wrote:

Hi,

I've just been reading through this thread and couldn't believe how long ago this issue surfaced. We've been getting this problem with Netflix buffering at 25% for the past couple of months and unfortunately I'm not sure I want to spend more wasted time on the phone to the VM Helpdesk, being treated like I'm stupid.

Do we think that there is any chance these issues will be fixed soon? I'm almost scared to enter into a new contract with a new TV box, especially if there is an increased cost.

I'm known to be an extremely patient person but after issues with TV in my area last Christmas, further intermittently issues throughout the year with disrespectful customer service, on top of the download speed issue on our broadband we're looking to change supplier in the new year as can't really justify paying just under £100 per month for rubbish. 

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
Highlighted
dave3833
Joining in
Message 56 of 90
Flag for a moderator

I agree with you Virgin do not want to know also looking to change

0 Kudos
Highlighted
thedominie
Tuning in
Message 57 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Problem resolved for me when I received free upgrade to V6 box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dave3833
Joining in
Message 58 of 90
Flag for a moderator

I have a tivo box and a V6 I have no problem with netflix on V6 but mega on the tivo.
Just to add we have free sat in the bedroom and have no problems with that and netflix it is only a tivo problem which Virgin do not want to know
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dave3833
Joining in
Message 59 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Just been in touch with V.M. and informed if I pay £145 I can replace my Tivo with a V6 after my reply I was informed all Tivo are being replaced and told this will happen for free in October has anyone else been told this or are you aware of this.

0 Kudos
Evanlaer
Settling in
Message 60 of 90
Flag for a moderator

Have the same problem Ben - what needs to be done here?
0 Kudos