Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 31 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box

I am having the same 25% buffering issue / Internet Connection errors making Netflix unwatchable.

1. Netflix subscription direct with them. Works fine on PC etc.

2. Successfully used for a couple of years via Tivo, but problems over past few months.

3. Tivo-SMT-C7100 box, 200Mbs package.

4. tvp-811 error, check Network, usually pass all, occasionally one (only) Netflix server not reachable.

5. Tried logging out of Netflix, hard reset Tivo, login again, no change.

6. Usually watching at peak times, e.g. evening, so tested this morning, same problem.

What is the solution? As advertised Netflix service doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 32 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Just started using Netflix past couple of weeks on a regular basis and every time and I mean every time I cannot get to the end of a programme without the stopping hitting 25% and bombing out to say try again.
The next time I try it works.

I have used Netflix on my Fire Stick and even a awful internet connection at work on my phone and always works fine. Use it on my flashy V6 and I can't get through a film or anything without this happening on 200Mb connection. Clearly a bug on the box. Doesn't give Netflix a good name and having a 6 month trial courtesy of VM is not really helpful if the box cannot deal with it.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 33 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get through to VM technician and he said that there's a problem with around 2% of Sumsung manufactured Tivo boxes, but not those made by Cisco or the new V6 box. He's arranged an engineer visit to swap out our Tivo box. Will see if this resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I've had no problems using Netflix for ages on my old TiVo box, but since swapping for a V6 box, I get this 25% buffering problem on virtually every program we watch. It's very frustrating, had anyone found a solution, rather than a workaround?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Just a workaround...I've just bought a youview+ box for spare room and play Netflix through that with no problem. Note you need to connect Ethernet cable to modem directly so bought 2 Ethernet extender plugs as modem in separate room
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 36 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I'm the opposite - problems started on the old box a few months back. New V6 box solved the problem. The 25% buffering problem was due to insufficient throughput on the old box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 97
Flag for a moderator

The 25% buffering problem is without doubt a Netflix issue and Netflix understand the cause.

This saga has been going on for years and has been reported on many different devices old and new and many different ISPs slow and fast.

Many "solutions" have been trumpeted ranging from tweaking broadband settings, using an ethernet cable rather than wi-fi, switching from this box to that box, rebooting and resetting this device or that device.

The only thing that is 100% guaranteed to work is to stop using Netflix, it worked for me, since being on Amazon Prime I have not seen a single buffering 25% problem.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 38 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Want a solution to this problem, it is unsubscribe to VM. They are masters of waffle. If they had a any idea about this problem it would have been fixed long ago.
I have had this problem for months now and tonight I put a Netflix movie on and it took a mere 30 seconds for it to freeze up on 25%.
I am contacting VM and cancelling my subscription. Enough is enough. I pay about £70 a month for dozens of channels of utter garbage so it's freeview for me from now on.
Don't take this crap, customer power is a wonderful thing
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 39 of 97
Flag for a moderator

That seems the sensible approach... can't seem to get an online chat with VM.

I'll give it two more days and then cancel Netflix...

I'm grateful for all this forum... makes me think that £7.99 a month for all of this frustration probably isn't worth it.

buffering at 25%
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 40 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same here. Tried to get on live chat and everytime I managed to get through all I got was a message telling me the opening times instead of someone to talk to. It said the latest the service closed at 8pm and I tried to get through for an hour between 6-7pm.
I only have a mobile so ringing would cost a small fortune.
I was happy enough with Netflix when it worked but am getting more and more hacked off with Virgin. As soon as I have looked into a replacement they are getting the boot.
0 Kudos