cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide option to start from current channel?

scampbird
Dialled in

I noticed recently that the Tivo Anywhere app Guide starts from the currently viewed channel (e.g. you're watching channel 521, that's where the Guide starts from). This is inline with just about every TV/settop box I've ever come across.

Is there a chance we could have an option for the Tivo to do the same thing? I don't understand why it starts from the beginning.

I'm assuming there isn't a button that takes me to the current channel?

Let me illustrate a normal TV-browse use-case (this is to answer those people that commonly reply with "why do you want it to go the current channel"):

1. You start on the Guide and browse to a channel that looks ok, so you watch it.

2. After a few seconds you decide its not for you and want to continue browsing for something else.

3. Therefore you'd like the Guide to continue where you left off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning scampbird.

Thanks for posting your suggestion about the TV Guide starting from the channel you are on.

It's not something that we currently support as a feature in the main home guide on the TiVo® service but I am passing your feedback on to our product development team to see if maybe it is something they can look at building in in the future.

If there's anything else I can help with then please let me know 🙂

Thanks 

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

40 REPLIES 40

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can do this in the mini guide

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PrinterElf
Alessandro Volta

Just press OK on the remote control while watching a channel.

ozsat
Superstar

Although most stb's start at the current channel - is seems standard for pay-tv providers (like Virgin and Sky) to start at 100/101.

May be a requirement rather than choice.

@scampbird wrote:

I noticed recently that the Tivo Anywhere app Guide starts from the currently viewed channel (e.g. you're watching channel 521, that's where the Guide starts from). This is inline with just about every TV/settop box I've ever come across.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

@PrinterElf wrote:

But that shows me a tiny view - why can't I have a button that zooms the full Guide to the current channel? Or an option to always do that, so both use cases are covered.

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning scampbird.

Thanks for posting your suggestion about the TV Guide starting from the channel you are on.

It's not something that we currently support as a feature in the main home guide on the TiVo® service but I am passing your feedback on to our product development team to see if maybe it is something they can look at building in in the future.

If there's anything else I can help with then please let me know 🙂

Thanks 

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

@scampbird wrote:

@PrinterElf wrote:

But that shows me a tiny view - why can't I have a button that zooms the full Guide to the current channel? Or an option to always do that, so both use cases are covered.

Agreed, I too don't want to have to use the inferior mini guide and just like you I want it to start at the current channel rather than back at the start.  There is a work around until we perhaps get the option in settings to set that as default, press the standby button and then press the guide button within a couple of secs and it goes to the guide at the current channel 🙂

Hi Karen

please add a 'me too' on that suggestion,

I would much prefer if there was an option for the main guide to start on the current channel rather than 100 every time 🙂

Yes, having 100s of channels is great for 2 minutes, until you realise you have to scroll through pages of channels every time you want to see whats on the next channel...

I could be wrong, but I think every TV Guide I have ever used with more than 5 channels does this. Pretty basic usability feature.

It strikes me the Tivo is a clever PVR let down by some poor accessibility features.

phester
Tuning in

Agree it's a pain.

Another method is to go into TV guide - it starts at 100, your current channel is shown mid-right - you can type the channel number at this point & the guide resets to this point - not exactly as required but hey

Paul