cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview through my TiVo box

Carlos19731
On our wavelength

Hello, can anybody tell me if there is A Freeview only package offered through Virgin Media and what channels do you get on virgin Freeview service and if anybody knows the cost monthly of this, that would also be great 😊 

Thanks, everybody 👍🏻

3 REPLIES 3

1701-e
Superfast

There is no Freeview package but the lowest package is called Mixt and you'd be best checking online for best price options to suit you.  A bundle is often cheaper than TV alone.

Yeah Mixit for me is £5/m. Stream is a one off £35. Or, like me, just use your TV aerial and a good Humax box. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A couple of points here.

1: You've posted in the TV360 section but referred to a TiVo. These are fundamentally different boxes, but that's irrelevant for this query.

2: Virgin Media is a subscription-based cable TV service, Freeview is a FTA terrestrial service. VM have two tiers of TV service - top-tier Maxit & base-tier Mixit, which is broadly Freeview-equivalent.

A channel listing for the Mixit tier is at the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide - pricing will be completely account-dependent, but VM do operate multi-buy discounting where the more services you have, the lower the per-service price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks