cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing TiVo to Record a Series link at a Specific Time (rather than the time *it* chooses)

flipflop104
On our wavelength

Hello

I am wanting to set-up a series link to record "The Conners" on Sky Comedy.  It's on twice.  It shows at 8pm on Monday-Friday and then is repeated at 4pm the following day.

I have lots of stuff recording at or around 8pm (soaps and other prime time stuff) and so I went to the 4pm showing and set my series link there, yet it then sets the series link to record at the 8pm showing.

But because I have lots of things recording at 8pm it often means that some stuff won't record (clashes) or it "clips" some shows and then I have to juggle things around manually to record on +1 channels or just not record some shows.

I thought TiVo was supposed to be "clever"/intuitive so I don't understand why it won't record the 4pm showing instead of the 8pm showing when there is nothing else recording at 4pm on any day.

Is there a way I can "force" it to record the 4pm showing, over-riding it's own default recording the 8pm showing?  I don't want to do a "manual" record as then I don't have series link for when the programme stops and starts again.

I have tried cancelling the 8pm series link and going to the 4pm showing and setting the series link from there but it always reverts to the 8pm recording which clashes with loads of other stuff.

Aaargh!!!!

Any advice?  Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your TiVo is behaving as designed, a SL won't be set for a specific timeslot but for the first available showing - you can then use the "Manage my series links" to prioritise your SL's as you see fit.

You may also need to disable clipping, there's an option in the TiVo settings for "do I clip a recording or do I reschedule the lower priority one" which is what's probably tripping you up.

It's an option under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Overlap protection

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your TiVo is behaving as designed, a SL won't be set for a specific timeslot but for the first available showing - you can then use the "Manage my series links" to prioritise your SL's as you see fit.

You may also need to disable clipping, there's an option in the TiVo settings for "do I clip a recording or do I reschedule the lower priority one" which is what's probably tripping you up.

It's an option under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Overlap protection

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Great stuff, thanks for the response, I shall try that.

Hi @flipflop104,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some complications with your Series Links set up. Please do let us know how you get on with the tips offered by @japitts and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!