cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Catch up/ on demand and even the help pages are not working

Lianne26
Joining in

Catch up/ on demand and even the help pages are not working on the tivo box. 

I have turned it off by the plugs to try and reboot it, still nothing works.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lianne26 

It sounds like your TIVO box ia losing its internet connection.

You could try forcing a manual connection by going to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection.

When was the last successful connection? It normally tries to reconnect every 6 hours or so.

Click on "connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30minutes before rechecking,  Hopefully it's reconnected. If not what does it say?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lianne26 

It sounds like your TIVO box ia losing its internet connection.

You could try forcing a manual connection by going to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection.

When was the last successful connection? It normally tries to reconnect every 6 hours or so.

Click on "connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30minutes before rechecking,  Hopefully it's reconnected. If not what does it say?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All the functions you describe, use the internet - your TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection rather than your home broadband.

Check the front-left of your box for green LEDs - if the light next to the heartbeat symbol is static, the internet connection is working and the "Connect to VM services now" advised above should resolve this. If the light is flashing, your onboard modem has failed and VM need to rectify that,

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the help. It has not worked though. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way has what not worked? The more info you give, the better help others can give you.

Do you have flashing lights on the front-left of your TiVo box? If not, what happened when you tried using the "Connect to Virgin Media services now"?

If you go back into the network connections screen and check the left-hand-side for the regular connections, what is shown?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I did as suggested with the network settings, twice, catch up still doesn't work.

The two lights are green and not flashing. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you go into the network connections screen and check the left-hand-side for the times of the regular connections, what is shown? Is there success or a failure reason?

What error code/message do you get when you try to use OnDemand?

It says the last connection was a success. 

It just stays on a blank screen and sometimes comes up saying the message about going to the help page and troubleshooting. But the help page is not working either, it is just a blank screen. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Lianne26,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your TV services.

Can you please tell me how it is for you at the moment?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It is the same. 

I have turned it off by the plugs a couple of times, I have done as suggested above a couple of times. It is just not working.