Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel V6 box

Can I cancel the V6 box that I have just ordered due to be delivered on the 14th Aug . Just realized there is no scart socket on the back of them !!! I need a scart socket .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel V6 box

How did you order this new box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I followed this link   https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap which apparently also says right at the bottom of the page that the offer ended in June so not sure why it is still there & why I was allowed to pick a date . It still says  "Time to upgrade your TV box, on us" implying that it's free . 

I've also noticed that you need the V6 to be near the Hub which is also no good to me because my Hub is in a different room to my Tivo . I tried ringing and pressed 1 when instructed to cancel the installation but was then told that here was no one there to answer my call . I'll try again in the morning . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

scart is dead. Time to upgrade your TV if you can't use HDMI

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My TV does have HDMI and they are all used up by other equipment that doesn't have scart sockets. Plus I'm already using an HDMI splitter and an HDMI to Scart converter . My TV ports are all used up.

I also use a Scart Switch box so that I can watch anything , Tivo , DVD, Freeview etc; in my Kitchen. I have considered replacing the Scart Switch box with an HDMI one but the only ones I've seen have to be plugged in whereas the Scart one doesn't .

Like I said the Hub and Tivo are in different rooms and apparently they have to be close together .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

they do not HAVE TO ME close. you can use wifi or powerline atapters. but ethernet is recommended

0 Kudos