Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: 535 - Sky Sports Racing - Picture Breaking Up

Yes, see the other thread on Channel 536 pixellation issue.

Agree the SD picture quality on 535 isn't great, but that won't change until Sky agree another contract with Virgin to supply the HD version of the channel. This isn't unusual as Virgin customers always have to wait for a new or HD channel that launch on the Sky platform first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I spoke too soon.

THIS IS NOT RESOLVED

Channel 535 breaking up again today - unwatchable. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi IanS,

Apologies for the Sports Racing TV issues. I've just checked it now and it seems fine here so I hope everything is resolved. 

Please drop me a line if not and you need further assistance.

Kidn regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

This issue hasn't been resolved as I first hoped.

Channels 535 and 536 continue to break up on a regular basis. Why? Why is it that some channels are okay but these aren't?

It seems as if Virgin cannot fix the problem on a permanent or just don't care and are happy to run with it. Neither is good enough for subscribers.

It is no good blaming Sky or Racing TV because the subscription is paid to Virgin.

Please update on the situation. It is a big racing week next week and this isn't what any racing fan wants. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi IanS, 

thanks for your post, and sorry for any frustrations caused by the issue on this channel. 

I've run a fault check and our systems are detecting a short term network instability issue. 

It advises this should be a very short term problem, and would advise you to monitor the connections for now. and let us know is the problem persists. 

Thanks,

alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Fortunately, Channel 536 was fine during Cheltenham week.

The same can't be said for Channel 535. It veers between poor and terrible. It is terrible today.

It isn't the only problem channel either. Sky News 602 is also breaking up today. There are probably other channels which I don't watch. 

This is a long running issue that isn't getting any better. 

0 Kudos