Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: 535 - Sky Sports Racing - Picture Breaking Up

Hi IanS, 

Sorry to hear you're still having an issue.

I've checked the account, I can see the box hasn't been rebooted for some time. 

Can you please do this and let me know if there is any improvement?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 29
Flag for a moderator

The last two days Channel 535 (Sky Sports Racing) has been watchable albeit with a poor quality picture. No picture break up.

Unfortunately, over the same period Channel 536 (Racing UK) has been experiencing picture break up making it almost impossible to watch. This is even more annoying because this is an add on channel at over £20 per month.

These are the two channels I watch most often and it means I have not been receiving a proper service for 3-4 weeks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Agree 100%, Racing TV (Channel 536) has suffered terrible pixellation since Friday. I've had several engineer visits and to be fair they have tried their best, replacing equipment and adjusting signal strength, but nothing has worked. Generally most claim there isn't a problem, but we know there is. One senior engineer acknowledged that, as I could demonstrate the same fault on the same channel on both tv boxes at the same time, it's definitely a Virgin network issue.

These channels are probably on the weakest frequencies and suffer from poor picture quality when signal levels are low.

Suspect Virgin's network is over capacity and just can't cope with the services they're trying to provide (not that they are going to admit it).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's not just me but seriously, I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

There must be a reason why it can suddenly go from clear to bad. 

It is bad enough that if you purchase Racing TV through Virgin you don't receive access to Racing TV Extra. You would think they would be working flat out to make absolutely sure the channel is working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Only Virgin will know why, it might only be an area fault rather than a national issue.

Up until Friday the channel had been fine for a couple of months, although this has been an ongoing issue for years (not an exaggeration).

Fortunately 535 has been problem free for me for quite a while (has been bad in the past). The same problem does manifest itself on other channels from time to time, but obviously it's the channels you watch most frequently when you notice a problem.

Do Virgin really care? I might be a bit cynical, but the number of Racing TV subscribers will be very small. Might be worth complaining to RTV directly to see if they can put any pressure on Virgin to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having problems with Racing TV breaking up for the last week or so.  It is obviously a network/nationwide issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 29
Flag for a moderator

The outtage work was supposed to be completed on 12 February but nobody has provided an update. What is happening? Is someone hoping this thread will just disappear?

Today both Sky Sports Racing (535) and the Racing Channel (536) are rubbish yet again.

Sky Sports News (602) is also affected.

I await a reply. Clearly this isn't good enough as you are allowing customers to pay for a very sub standard service and appearing to do nothing to correct the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: 536 - Racing TV - Picture Breaking Up

No change with Channel 536 here either, still pixellating throughout the day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ians

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the same issue 

We are still working as hard as we can to get this fixed 

The current fix date has been extended to 19/02/2020 

This is stored under reference F007804333

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Not the best of pictures but NO break up on both 535 and 536 today.

Is the fault fixed?

0 Kudos