cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Are You Playing Right Now?

John_G
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I've been a veteran of Gaming for many years now and seen it come from slow loading tapes like the BBC Micro (Which was released before I was born Robot wink) through the console wars of Megadrive vs SNES to Playstation vs Xbox to the modern day. 

So what are you playing now? Let us know what games you've been playing and give us a little description, the more obscure the better Robot Happy

I've recently gotten my hands on No Mans Sky on the PS4, one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and with good reason! So far I've only clocked about 6 hours but I've discovered and named 20 species of alien life, several planets and even named and entire Galaxy after myself. Because I have a massive ego Robot LOL There isn't much in the way of a tutorial so it's been fun just toying about and learning everything for myself. It's early days so I'm sure there's going to be more and more new developments for this game!

Let us know what you've been playing in the comments and happy gaming!

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

221 REPLIES 221

Dan_M

Currently playing Fallout 76 on the PS4. 

Just 104 hours in...

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Just finished Judgment on the PS4 and I love the Yakuza games so this was a natural must buy, totally different but set in the Yakuza universe. Good story, some fun side quests etc.

Now I am working a bit on Kingdom Come: Deliverance since it came with this months Humble Monthly along with Surviving Mars, bargain for £10/$12

Majide!

boalex
On our wavelength

Usually I play logic games. It all depends on what I'm in the mood for - lots of great stuff out there. My favorites include Myst, Riven, Tetris, Wetrix, 94%. It happens that I don't know answer, so I lookup here to speed up with the game:)

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

I've recently rediscovered No Man's Sky - now that it's resembling the game that it was meant to be at launch. I'm struggling to put it down, am determined to finish it and tick it off the list but I keep finding myself aimlessly wandering around different planets, mining and building bases. It's turning out to be an enjoyable game to waste time playing 🙂

Kev

I must admit, I did love No Man's Sky. As a bit of a trophy hunter, I see no reason to go back to it for the most recent update, but apparently it has expanded a lot since I've played it! More things to distract you on the way to the centre...

I've made the decision after 11 years to go back to Far Cry 2 to try and mop up the online trophies. No easy task I can tell you. Looking at about 120 hours!

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have been playing NMS since day one and have enjoyed it most of the time despite the bugs. I tried to ignore the pre release hype and tempered my expectations so was not too disappointed by the initial game. I keep going back to it after each major update, usually to find out what they have broken with the update.

I got the platinum trophy about a year ago and stopped playing it shortly afterwards, picking it up again with the new update. I have sunk 288 hours into it so far, about 28 of those since the Beyond update and I have not yet got around to dusting off the PSVR and trying it in VR.

Found the Atlas / The Purge storyline a bit dull and disappointing, but it did distract me from heading for the galactic centre so I'm back to plodding on with that now, when not getting distracted by finding new creatures etc. and launching fleet expeditions.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kev_B

@SCA1972 288 hours?! I thought I was doing well with my 43 🙄

Seems like I have much to learn still. I'm currently sidelined by going to a black hole (seems like a good idea⁉️). Once I've done that - and providing I'm still "alive" - I'll be heading back to the initial quest of getting to the centre. I think I've done the majority of the Atlas story and found the big secret about it all at this point, so there should be nothing else to stop me.

I think I've mined about as much copper as I ever want to and have a healthy supply of Chromatic Metal back at base, so hopefully it'll just be a case of making as much Warp Fuel as possible and jumping on through 🤞

Kev

I did a thing and bought..

Yakuza remaster collection (3,4 and 5)
Greedfall
Borderlands 3
Code Vein

No idea when I will get to play them all --- ooops

Majide!

If Borderlands 3 is as much of a grind as the first two then you're in for a hard time! I like the Pre-Sequel but I don't find those games funny or as engaging as the Fallout series. Having played the new Borderlands 2 DLC recently I realised why I was so glad when I completed that game.

I have the Yakuza collection ready to play.

Sooo close to finishing Fallout 76!

Bought FIFA 20 a week ago and I'm really addicted to it. Normally I just watch real football games and never played something like FIFA before. But I gotta admit the teamplay factor in this game makes it really exciting.

When I watch real football games and place bets on the matches I look at the betting tips on www.sportwetten.org before. They are usually right.