Menu
Paulg2012
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ps5 speed

Having issues with WiFi to the ps5. It's showing as 4mbps yet I can place my phone on top of the ps5 test my speed through virgin app and it says connection is great. I then do an independent WiFi test with phone on top of ps5 and it shows 4mbps also. I'm on the m500 Internet, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps5 speed

How far is your PS5 from the Router and is there much in the way (Like Electrical Items etc.) that could cause the Wireless signal to drop? Electronics can and will cause some signal loss, but given that you tested with an Independent Broadband Tester and still got the 4Mbps I think this could be Speed issues.

Try to see if you can use a cable to plug it in and test the speed via the Settings on the PS5, then repeat the test if your LAN Speed is higher you may need to improve the Wireless, which is a common thing I see on these forums :). 

You could also try other devices in the same area (Laptop, Mobile Phone etc. and see if the speeds are similar)

0 Kudos
Paulg2012
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was a flat spot with sky aswel as I had to get tp link extender that use electrical circuit but they have seemed to have stopped working with virgin don't know if they can only handle certain speeds maybe 

0 Kudos
Irishdexy
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Powerline Adapters can work OK but they are often going to be slower than what you pay for but I use the same set up in an office I set up that goes into a Switch. The Speed isn't great but at least I don't have to battle with WiFi on a daily basis there.

If the Adapters have stopped all together have you tried re-syncing them from the plug closest to your Router and then where the console is? it could be a re-sync could force a connection. 

I use the Netgear PL1000 Home Plugs and for the most part *Touch Wood* they have worked pretty decently for the £50 I paid for two. Could be you may need new ones? The other thing to try is to get a router and have it repeat the Signal in that area so its boosted.

0 Kudos
Paulg2012
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bought the netgear powerline 1000 it's only getting to 30mbs thinks it's something to do with how circuits are in the house. Quite a new build so wouldn't be surprised if they're wired from next door. Looking like only option I'm gonna have is to put holes and rip up bits of the house to run a direct cable from the router

0 Kudos