Moderate Nat type daily

Any1 else have to reboot their modem daily to get Nat type to return to open

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moderate Nat type daily

I remember this issue years ago with Xbox One's and it used to happen on all routers and ISP's.... was more a bug of the Xbox, nothing actually changed and nothing stopped working as it should.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
annorax
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

I remember this issue years ago with Xbox One's and it used to happen on all routers and ISP's.... was more a bug of the Xbox, nothing actually changed and nothing stopped working as it should.

There was an easy fix for that on the Xbox One anyway as the port select on the console was set to auto select by default and all you needed to do was change the port select to manual.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, my NAT is controlled by external router not the SH.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
keasy
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why would you want it on open?

Unless you're playing some game that's so s**t it's P2P and requires you to host. 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@keasy Some games require NAT for voice comms.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?