Menu
mark2802
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

permission to move cable

were having work done to the front of the property and the council and contractor need permission from virgin to move the cable. ive been on the phone for 3 hours and not one person can help. all i require is an email or letter from virgin giving permission to move the cable. the council/contractor will not start work till this is done. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: permission to move cable

what cable?
0 Kudos
mark2802
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s the cable running through our front garden 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you will have to get VM to move the cable. they will charge £99 for the work. But they are not going none fault work currently
0 Kudos
Hoggie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@mark2802 wrote:

were having work done to the front of the property and the council and contractor need permission from virgin to move the cable. ive been on the phone for 3 hours and not one person can help. all i require is an email or letter from virgin giving permission to move the cable. the council/contractor will not start work till this is done. 

better to wait for virgin to move it, I moved my son's cable but we already had the correct virgin equipment/connectors, but that was for a damaged coax.

this post may contain nuts 😉
0 Kudos
mark2802
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Plymouth highways just need permission to work around the cable and move the cable to stop it being cut while work is being carried out. They don’t need very to do anything apart from giving permission to work around it

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi when you say move the cable will this involve a disconnection, if so then it will have to be done by virgin, simply moving it without disconnection surely they can just get on with it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos