cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 21H1 May 2021 Update

Buffer6
Legend

I updated via Windows 20H1 Update, and it only took 3 minutes

I thought I'd better check it out, I could find no mention of it in Update History

So tried the various checks with /scannow and Online DISM but they found no errors

Still no mention of it in Update History.  So I decided to download the Microsoft Windows 10  media creation tool

Media Creation tool  installed and ran it, then installed Windows 10, it took just over half an hour

on my fast PC, but I was pretty sure that I had all the files now, and it now shows

in file History

version 21h1.jpg

winver 21H1.jpg

I would recommend an install with the media creation tool

68 REPLIES 68

Buffer6
Legend

Ps.  I forgot to mention, I didn't install to a disk or USB drive, just ticked the option to install and retain files

so all the files and programs were as before,  I thought the onscreen text was a bit enlarged after the installation

but should be easily adjusted to suit.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Installed this morning, and took less that 5 minutes to install do not see much difference.

Regards MIke

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

Installed this morning, and took less that 5 minutes to install do not see much difference.

Regards MIke

Check your Update history to see if it is there

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Yep it is there, mind you the Windows build number has not changed, so more than likely the features were already added to my install of Windows and it have changed it to 21H1, Winver still shows 19043.985 was already set too that before the update.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Net framework update today (KB4601554)

net framework update.jpg

ALF28
Super solver

Bufer6

Thanks for the post on windows feature update 21h1

I have installed this 21h1 update (and also kb5003173 update for 20h2 prior to that), 21h1 was a quick download  but took about 10 minutes to install and it required 2 restarts.one for each update.

The 21h1 has improved security features so worthwhile.

My laptop is 7 years old  but accepted the 21h1 update, my other laptop still to do soon.

I  have noticed that when I get the automatic windows updates, while doing this in the background, my computer will stop working and will not connect, the update must take priority, and once updated the computer prompts restart and normal operation resumes, may be using the memory and downloading.

It can easily be confused with a computer fault so wise to check if updating  (settings -windows update) when this occurs, I prefer auto update to ensure defender is up to date with the current virus database.

alf28

@ALF28

Yes I think Windows defender is OK, but I have Malwarebytes on mine and it

has taken over the role of Windows Defender, so it doesn't update 😀

Mbytes.jpg

Cumulative updates today for Net framework and Windows10  21H1

cumul update 2021-05-26 210448.jpg

Around 15minutes to install on my fast PC.  Now up to Build 19043.1023

winver 2021-05-26 210703.jpg

I got this just now!  It didn't show up in WU for ages, downloaded in about 20 seconds, and is now stuck on 0% installed. Took about 10 minutes to install completely and now wants a restart.  According to videos on the tubes, it deletes old W95 icons.

Got the above cumulatives also.   The first downloads and installs quite quickly, whereas the second installs twice.

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π