cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media broadband blocking twitter media files

imaqpro
Tuning in

Hi,

today I noticed that twitter media files appear as empty placeholders when I am connected to virgin media broadband. When I disconnect from wifi and use O2 mobile internet all these media files appear. Any thoughts?

this is the tweet with Wifi off:

60D74C70-FE8A-470D-A17A-E7CFBF862392.jpeg

And this is the same tweet with wifi on:

A99AA30D-2239-4DB5-AC73-8BC4F5C30E39.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It has been suggested that turning child safe off in your VM settings and then back on again clears the issue.

Alternatively Add video.twimg.com to the allowed websites list in the websafe settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There have been a number of similar posts in various forum boards.

It seems that VM child safe is causing the blocking.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham,

I didn't make any changes to my Virgin Media Broadband Child Safe settings. And it doesn't block all media files. seems to affect videos only at the moment. 

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Regards

MAQ 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It has been suggested that turning child safe off in your VM settings and then back on again clears the issue.

Alternatively Add video.twimg.com to the allowed websites list in the websafe settings.

many thanks for the tip.

Will try that and confirm the result.

Best regards

MAQ

Hi Again,

I can confirm that adding 'video.twimg.com' to the 'allowed website' list of 'Web Safe' settings has resolved the issue. I didn't need to switch it off then on. Just added the URL to the allowed list and clicked on 'Apply'. I closed twitter App and relaunched it and the issue was resolved.

Regards

MAQ

Maybe Mr Branson could blast internet into outer space too (utilising VG like the International Space Station, for example).  Aliens could then contact us.👽😲🤔😉

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π