Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media V 5g

What’s your thoughts on 5g unlimited been offered for £20 per month V virgins cheapest deal of 50mb @ £37?

Surely VM need a massive revamp otherwise they’ll lose out massively, same for other BB companies.

i get first year could be up and down on 5g, could been the word but it’s a massive game changer.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media V 5g

I thought that all VM's new BB packages were all unlimited data with no capping. Are you sure they still offer capped packages and these are not just old legacy packages?

Can you post up a link to these please. Ta.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is he not talking about Mobile Speed and DATA (off to see if 5G is listed on VM site)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Possibly.. but s/he has posted on the Broadband forum (not the mobile one) and cited "VM... and other BB companies" and as they have 58 posts to their name I just assume they know what they are doing 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I take it that he or she is claiming that a home 5G broadband provision will be comparable to VM’s cable broadband, that it will be a compelling alternative and VM will find it a serious competitor.

I can’t quite understand the last paragraph though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m talking about broadband, 5g home broadband is now been offered in certain areas and a massively increased speeds download and upload at £20 at minute on offers usually £30.

vm offer 50mb package at £37

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's an apples and pears comparison. VM's broadband is unlimited and wired - which trumps wireless every time. And if you look at EE's HTC 5G Hub, it costs £100 plus £50pm on a 2-year contract with data allowance of 50GB. I know which one I'd prefer.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Most mobile 4g unlimited is quoted as being faster than VM 50 Broadband, but how many have actually moved over  - too unreliable 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What about Three Home broadband 5g for £20 per month unlimited offer normally £30per month.

As for been wired and wireless the latency on 5g is miles better than what virgin can ever get close to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

4g speeds to 5g speeds can’t be compared at all, I get first year will have issues like anything else, prime example is virgin media broadband but when it’s up and running stable like 4g is now with 500mb+ download speeds and gigantic upload speeds and next to none latency for £30 unlimited

OR 

VIRGIN MEDIA  50mb download and 5mb upload at £37? You see the massive difference and if VM sit back and do nothing to compete they will lose out massively because no one will stay

0 Kudos