Menu
Vertigo
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 5

I could possibly survive with 40Mb but it would be difficult.  It's not just "leisure" activities, I work from home in software development and IT and need to shovel a fair amount of data around so such speeds (and the associated reduction in upstream bandwidth too) would seriously impact my productivity and ability to do my job.

Sometimes yes, a faster connection with some issues is actually "better" than a slower, more stable one, although I accept that's not usually the case.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta
Message 32 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@Vertigo wrote:

I could possibly survive with 40Mb but it would be difficult.  It's not just "leisure" activities, I work from home in software development and IT and need to shovel a fair amount of data around so such speeds (and the associated reduction in upstream bandwidth too) would seriously impact my productivity and ability to do my job.

Sometimes yes, a faster connection with some issues is actually "better" than a slower, more stable one, although I accept that's not usually the case.

Depends how bad the issues are, but if you're reliant upon a good connection for work, then an FTTC connection makes sense in parallel with VM.  At around a quid a day, that can be a solid investment, giving you backup/failover capability but providing the generally more reliable and lower latency FTTC for conference or video calls, and for gaming, whilst still having VM bandwidth for heavy lifting?    

0 Kudos
F1TeamLH
Dialled in
Message 33 of 54
Flag for a moderator

5 months have passed.  A number of VM customers signed up for the HUB5, There has been No communication at all from Virgin media as to a planned rollout of their New HUB. The wait goes on. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 34 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Current ‘test’ boxes still do not have full feature firmware. Best guess for being fully shipped is 29/02/2023!

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
reddwarf
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 54
Flag for a moderator

So much for 2022 roll on 2023 i think not
0 Kudos
vikingbeard
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Me: "With all these ongoing Hub4 issues I keep having, maybe I should look at upgrading to the Hub5, it must be out of testing and available as standard by now.."

*Checks this thread*

"Oh...."

BillBudd
Up to speed
Message 37 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My HUB5 has performed well.  Some initial issues when setting up - constant green flashing light, could not connect my MacBook Pro to the 5.0 WiFi.  After a day or two both these issues were resolved and the unit is performing well.

So overall I am happy.

Regards,

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5, Talk Anytime Phone, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.
0 Kudos
mda99das
Dialled in
Message 38 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I am a month in being a new customer and pretty happy with the HUB5.

Quick question what is underneath that felt fabric where the white LED is?

Looking at sagecom's website their retail version has other LEDs.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 39 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Wow, they give new customers the SH5, yet long standing customers dont get them.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
heardd11
Fibre optic
Message 40 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I know not good really  I've been with vigin for 10 years no loyalty at all

0 Kudos