cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red solid light on hub

bsm4nr
Joining in

Hi

Got a red solid line on my hub today, restarting hasnt made any difference.  Can I get a replacement without having long waits on the phone

3 REPLIES 3

bsm4nr
Joining in

Switched off overnight will try a reset with a paperclip later but still showing a solid red line.  Did phone VM but seemed unconcerned as the broadband is still working.

@bsm4nr wrote:

Switched off overnight will try a reset with a paperclip later but still showing a solid red line.  Did phone VM but seemed unconcerned as the broadband is still working.

So is there a red light when put into router mode? Some of the forum staff on here won't replace or get tech visit done if you are in modem mode as they say that's normal in mode mode (even though I said its magenta/purple). I even pointed them at the time to their own web site that stated red was overheating light but they wouldn't have it. Fortunately, it got replaced by a HUB5 as a sign-up link became available at the time.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a Hub 3 has a red LED after a power cycle, it should be replaced by VM as a matter of a fire risk.

They cannot take the risk of a faulty overheat warning LED.

This needs to be tested in Router Mode, as when it Modem mode it is meant to be magenta colour, and to some people it looks red. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks