Menu
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Post your highest speedtest result

Post an image of your highest speedtest result on the Broadband package you're on

It can be an off-peak time test. Just to show that it isn't slow all the time 😀

I'm on the M350 package and this I think is one of the highest I've seen so far

Tested a few minutes ago.

highest so far.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Post your highest speedtest result

350Mbps package

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

M350

speed127.PNG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Something unusual about my speed tests?

The speeds via my PC had dropped to around 250Mbps following the last windows update, however everything else was connected by ethernet and wifi was showing the top speed expected. I checked and tightened all the cables, even use a new ethernet cable, however no change.

I tried deleting and reinstallling the drivers and network adapters via Device Manager. This had no effect, PC speeds where still half what was expected.

I performed a Windows Restore and everything is running 100%.

Speed tests taken via the Ookla Speed Test app always shows the full speed, however taking the test on their website shows speeds around 60 or 70Mbps

speed.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hard to take part as my network limits mine to 200mbps 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I’m on the 100Mbps package. But initially VM sent down an incorrect config file to my Hub 3 which had a the download speed set to 1Gbps. So it ran flat out and topped out at above 850Mbps. Which is about right for the way VM have configured DOCSIS 3.0. Unfortunately the error has now been corrected.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/8005147806.png

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

see below

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Royalman

I see they didn't increase the Upload speed when they mistakingly gave you 1 Gbps. It's a pity they corrected their error.

Where you on the 500Mbps then, before customer sreceived the free upgrade  to 100 Mbps, as the upload speed for 100 Mbps should be in the region of 10 Mbps? Broadband Speeds 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Always been on the 100 Mbps package from Day 1. When they upgraded the upload speed from 6 Mbps to 10 Mbps they sent down a new config file to the Hub 3 which also reset the download speed back to the correct 100 Mbps.
If you look at the config file in the Hub you will see they always set it a bit higher. I'm a bit out of my technical depth here, but I think this is because speedtest applications like speedtest.net measure at Level 4 of the 7 layer ISO Model which gives a lower reading than the real underlying data speed because of all the extra information embedded in the data at that level.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

speed.PNG