cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph Data Sim

micro-2022
Joining in

I have been using my Oomph Dats Sim in a TPLink AC1200 Router for a year with no problems, then it would not connect to the internet!

VM sent a new Sim and this would not work, spent a lot of time talking to VM with not success, so if anyone has any solutions I would be most grateful.

I have tried the following:

Put the VM Oomph Data Sim into the the TPLink AC1200 Router and I can't access the internet (Must be a problem with the Sim or Router) 

Put my VM sim from my phone in the Router and it works and connects to the internet (Router must work)

Put the VM Oomph Data Sim into my phone and can make calls and connect to the internet (Sim should be okay) 

I was told by VM that the mast was down so I moved to another area in the town and same problem no internet connection using the Oomph Sim

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is as VM do not know? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps that sim has moved to 02 and your router isn't compatible with O2 or you need to change some sort of apn settings?

They also may have blocked that sim as your breaking the terms and conditions of the sim

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy/mobile

3.7 Your mobile SIM card is for use in a personal mobile or mobile broadband device, such as a dongle or mobile Wi-Fi device. It is not intended for use in any other type of device, including 4G routers. We reserve the right to suspend your services if we believe abuse is taking place and if you are using an unlimited tariff, we may ask you to move to a plan with a fixed data allowance.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps that sim has moved to 02 and your router isn't compatible with O2 or you need to change some sort of apn settings?

They also may have blocked that sim as your breaking the terms and conditions of the sim

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy/mobile

3.7 Your mobile SIM card is for use in a personal mobile or mobile broadband device, such as a dongle or mobile Wi-Fi device. It is not intended for use in any other type of device, including 4G routers. We reserve the right to suspend your services if we believe abuse is taking place and if you are using an unlimited tariff, we may ask you to move to a plan with a fixed data allowance.