Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Move cable from property

We moved into our property in Dec 2019. There is a cable running from the footpath along the side of our garden up to our house, but the connection at the house is broken (the box looks like its been kicked in). It also looks like the cable has been partially severed in at least one place (it's not been placed in any protective sleeve - just laid across the top of the garden border and nailed to some sleepers in a couple of places, so I'm not surprised it's in poor shape). I'm not interested in having it repaired - I'd just like it removed from the property.

To complicate things though our neighbours who ARE Virgin customers think that their cable connection is one of the cables running through our garden, which then separates off under a bush through to their house. They are concerned that their supply might get messed up if the cable is moved. If it wasn't for this I'd probably just unscrew the box from the side of the house (it's damaged beyond repair) and coil the cable so it's out of sight.

Can you please let me know when you can remove the cable from our property and move our neighbours cable so it on their property? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Move cable from property

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the cable across your garden Ketcab.

I would need to take some details from you via a private message, so that we can look into this further for you.

I will drop a private message over to you right now, please look out for this message.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming your details via our private message KetCab.

I have passed this onto the field engineering team in your area and they will be in touch with you soon to arrange a suitable time for the work to be carried out.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for confirming your details via our private message KetCab.

I have passed this onto the field engineering team in your area and they will be in touch with you soon to arrange a suitable time for the work to be carried out.

Regards

Steven_L

Just wanted to update. On Thursday whilst I was at work I got a call from a Virgin engineer saying he was at my house. He explained that he could see where the cables were running to my house and my neighbours and would remove the bits on our side. Got home and everything had been taken out on my side and my neighbours cable is out of sight and undisturbed. I’m very happy with this service - having read other threads I wasn’t sure it would get sorted at all, let alone as quickly and professionally as it has been. Thanks very much.