cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIVE CHAT DOESN'T WORK...??

heather23
Tuning in

I can't find live chat or an easy way to contact customer services as I fear calling them to speak to a non-UK advisor not understanding me?

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi heather1,

If you create a new post on this thread you can explain what your query is about,  and then we can try ad help you.

The online chat messenger, and also the text messaging service, are just the same as using the telephone. The first available agent will answer your query, irrespective of where they based.

You could try clicking on the Message us link in the red icon on <<< This page >>>  to chat to an agent.  It's the Moving Home contact, however when the chat box opens click on something else and explain your query.  Please note this service isn't available 24/7 as phone calls take priority.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a short description of your issue  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline or  mobile, or 0345 454 1111,  but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello again. Am having computer probs. My pc packed up.

My problem with VM is trying to negotiate our contract, why there are 2 different dates, 1 for phone & 1 for broadband. Have got 200M due son working from home, VM prices always high. Finally spoke to a lady but no joy.

Original problem posted was having problems of emails being rejected as spam sent to me, but I think that's now sorted.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Heather,

thanks for the update. I'm pleased to hear it looks like your email problems are now sorted out.

As to having different dates for the phone and broadband contracts, don't worry about. You need to speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

Retentions are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibilty, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract..

Call  150 from a Virgin landline or  mobile, or 0345 454 1111,  but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave. Yes I've spoken to retentions twice (in the UK)! They say I have got discounts at the moment & can't offer anything until the 2nd contract runs out. We got our latest bill today which has gone up yet 'discounts' don't seem to reduce them. We only upgraded to 200m because my son now working from home & 100 was not good. I don't know who else has a fast speed. Talk Talk don't for example in my area & I would not even consider BT?