Menu
Tharris1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

External cable

Hi, I had the external pre work completed yesterday for connection on Tuesday. The cable has just been threaded half way up my hedge which looks an accident waiting to happen when I trim the hedges in the summer. I was previously advised it would be dug into the borders. The installation guy said it was normal to thread it into the hedge but having checked with neighbours all had the cable dug into the ground. Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: External cable

of course its normal - normal that he cannot be bothered to do it right - you need to ring but i cannot see much happening before tuesday so you have a couple of choices

leave it as it is and have a chat with the installer who might alter things although it not his job really

if its not connected to anything on the house wall and there is enough length move it yourself - it should be in green ducting - hopefully the pull team did that but they sound to have done as little as possible

if the installer will not do anything and you dont want to get involved - which is understandable then it could be sorted after the install if you push them

Tony
0 Kudos
Tharris1974
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

Nope....no ducting.... the cable has just been left mid height in the hedge dangling.

As we have been without broadband and a phone for over 2 weeks now (pretty tough going when working from home and home schooling 3 kids) as the installers did not turn up first time around I think I will end up getting it connected and just doing it myself.

Its not been the greatest start to joining VM! 😡

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the installer may add the ducting - not sure they carry it in the van - if you are going to sort the run out after is all connected make sure the installed leaves it slack

Tony
0 Kudos