cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable removed

Tillboy
Tuning in

Due to rejoin VM. When I left previously I raised an issue with the cabling being just left across the side of my driveway. Somebody came along and basically cut the cable at the street duct and again at the wall box and left the cabling and trunking behind,

Do I need to flag this in advance of the install or can this be replaced at installation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You should be okay as the engineer should be able to splice the cable on the day of install if it's still there.

If not then the engineer will arrange a new cable to be laid for you.

Hope everything goes smoothly on the day!

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should consider keeping your existing provider going until you have VM up and running again in your property to your satisfaction. The other forums, such as 'Quick Start', seem to be receiving new topics very regularly at the moment about long delays and chaotic work processes getting cables installed.

If there is any of the previous cable left accessible above ground, VM might fit a temporary junction box to reinstate the connection with a view to replacing the cable later.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tillboy 

Thanks for considering rejoining us again!

Has the install already been booked in? As normally we would need to book in a new cable to laid prior to install.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Yes, booked for Monday 26th. I selected engineer install as it suggested this was the best option if the cable had been cut

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You should be okay as the engineer should be able to splice the cable on the day of install if it's still there.

If not then the engineer will arrange a new cable to be laid for you.

Hope everything goes smoothly on the day!

Thanks

Christy