cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable progress steps

Yorkist
On our wavelength

Noticed a couple of posts from people who have been with NTL from 2001, the same time I became a customer.  Memory, though becomes a little fuzzy unless one documents events.

Can anyone tell me what they think was the progression of modem provision for 2001 onwards?  I can remember  Motorola SurfBoard (I think) and certainly NTL:Home200 but what was the provision before SurfBoard and after?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I started using NTL in July 2001 and had a Terayon cable modem to begin with on a 10 Mbps connection IIRC. That later became an Ambit 256 cable modem with some corresponding speed increases and then the Superhub 2ac with VM in 2014 on 50 Mbps.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I started using NTL in July 2001 and had a Terayon cable modem to begin with on a 10 Mbps connection IIRC. That later became an Ambit 256 cable modem with some corresponding speed increases and then the Superhub 2ac with VM in 2014 on 50 Mbps.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Similar to @goslow   Terayon, Ambit, VMNG300(great modem!) then onto Hubs(modem mode of course) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yorkist
On our wavelength

Thanks for the replies guys.  Something for me to research on a I don't recall all of them.  Cheers!