Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband roll out

Good afternoon,

Virgin media are installing cables in my area, Consett, County Durham but haven’t yet made it to my street. I made enquiries via twitter but just kept getting told to register my interest! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I’d assume there’s a rollout plan rather than just letting the operatives dig where they fancy? On this basis are there any plans to install broadband services to [Removed], blackhill, consett, county durham, dh8 0bw?

any info/news - good or bad would be very much appreciated!! 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband roll out

I’d assume there’s a rollout plan rather than just letting the operatives dig where they fancy?

Not from a customer's point of view - a Virgin Media roll out is more like the latter. 

You might be lucky, but there's instances where the trenches and ducts have been laid past properties but there's no cable laid, and then the contractors leave site, never to return.  And instances where individual properties or streets that you and I would consider a "no brainer" remain uncabled despite all adjacent roads being served. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anyone from virgin about who can answer?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rossq59 

Thanks for joining our community and for posting. 

Sorry to hear we're not on your street yet! As you know we'll be carrying out works in the area and will be trying to cable as much of the area as possible. I'll email the install teams to see if there are any plans, if I get a response for your street we'll get back to you here 🙂 

I'm just going to private message you for more info. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie,

any news yet on if my street is included in the current rollout in Consett?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rossq59,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will speak to Hollie on Monday to see if she has any update for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Rossq59 

Thanks for messaging again, I've been waiting for an update on this from various different departments and I'm afraid that it's bad news right now. 

Unfortunately at the moment your side of the street isn't serviceable, and currently we have no plans in the pipeline for this side right now. I appreciate this isn't the news you were wanting, and I'm sorry for the disappointment. It looks like the cables are too far away from your address I'm afraid.

If anything changes in the future we'll let you know by sending a letter to the home to let you know we have been able to start work on your specific side of the street.

Thanks for your patience with this, and apologies for the bad news. Fingers crossed in the future we'll be able to cable everywhere! 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie,

thanks for your efforts and for checking for me, much appreciated!

0 Kudos