cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRSK Doorstep Rep informed me Virgin are "Shutting down"

whonickedmyname
On our wavelength

According to BRSK - Virgin rent their lines from BRSK, and they're shutting down by the end of the year.   That surprised me, because Virgin just signed me up for an 18month discount.   
What's more, I know that our virgin lines are in the pavement and she was happily waving away at the poles. 
But now I'm curious - are they just lying on the doorstep to get ppl to sign up, or has she twisted something legit? 

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It is entirely possible that a door-to-door sales rep may not be entirely truthful when trying to make a sale.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

laughing-laugh.gif 

I think somebody has been telling you porkies.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

It's a nice try. Saying that if I had BRSK knocking on my door promising me the moon on a stick I'd switch in a heartbeat given their reviews, synced speeds, and pricing. Also the OP might just have something left of his 14 day cooling off period. https://www.brsk.co.uk/

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

With a mere 28,000 customers it seems as if BRSK will do anything to sign up some more.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I heard the same rubbish from a Hey! Broadband rep just over a year ago. Tried to convince me that VM were no longer going to provide services as their infrastructure could not be upgraded to fibre. When I pointed out to him the spanking brand new fibre cabinet VM had installed outside my back gate a few days earlier, he hastily changed the subject. They also tried to convince me that VM V6 & V360 TV boxes will work with non VM internet, which they won’t.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

fizz
Fibre optic

Along with their routers being wifi 7, and their voip service being compatible with your own equipment to name but two stupid things they said they had to try and get me to buy lol...

My Broadband Ping - Virgin New Modem Mode