cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Away from home message on tv

davemc3549
Joining in

My tv displays a message that I am away from home and disconnects from my network although we are at home

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@davemc3549 wrote:

My tv displays a message that I am away from home and disconnects from my network although we are at home

Is it the TV itself that is generating this message on screen or a device that is connected to the TV?

How is the TV/device connected to your network (wifi or ethernet cable)?

Thanks for your response.

The tv is connected by Wi-Fi to the network and it is the virgin tv box that is connected by hdmi to the tv

Check your network settings: Make sure your TV is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that your network settings are configured correctly. You can try resetting your network settings on your TV and reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network.

Check your Wi-Fi signal strength: If your Wi-Fi signal is weak, your TV may have trouble staying connected to your network. You can try moving your TV closer to your router or using a Wi-Fi extender to boost your signal strength.

Check for interference: Other electronic devices in your home, such as microwaves or cordless phones, can interfere with your Wi-Fi signal. Try moving your TV away from these devices or turning them off temporarily to see if this improves your connection.

Check for software updates: Make sure your TV's firmware is up-to-date. You can check for software updates in your TV's settings menu or on the manufacturer's website.

Contact customer support: If none of the above steps resolve your issue, you may need to contact your TV manufacturer's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or suggest repairs if necessary.

Thank you very much