cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 hours on chat, broken or keep holding on?

nb131
Joining in

So I am starting to lose the will...

I started using the chat system a little after 9 this morning

Just before 11 am I was moved to the customer retention queue by a customer service agent.

It's now 4 pm

I am still getting Reily bot giving me 5 great reasons to stay now and again ( really love it when it repeats straight away) and the "we are a little busy / 45 min wait update messaging"... 

The question is: Is it broken? Should I log out / start again - really don't want to wait this long again tomorrow if it might connect me.

What's your guess?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @nb131 

A number of customers have been using whatsapp which makes free calls 0345 454 1111

You can also call  freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Five hour wait with retentions?  My view is that they don't want your business.

The thought has crossed my mind too 🙂

The irony is that I am not trying to leave, I want to sign a new contract!

I will give them till 5 pm and then try again tomorrow - if I cannot get through tomorrow then whenever I do get through it will likely be to say bye-bye.. Not a fun experience.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nb131 

I realise you called around 9 but the best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Given that VM have started launching salvos of price increase emails, I'd imagine that retentions will be very busy for the next few weeks, leading to long waits at times.

So plan ahead, know what you'd pay elsewhere, stick to the rules of engagement, and good luck!

I am starting to think it is the live chat system rather than the team being that busy 

Today's fun has been two attempts 1 with Safari browser that after 35 min informed me that the wait is now greater than 15 min then I was stuck in an endless loop of connecting to Terri bot and confirming yes I'll hold and immediately connecting to Terri bot again to repeat.

After 10 min of this and after yesterday I gave up...

Did have the idea that it might be browser-related and so attempted with Chome 

This time the endless loop of Terri bot informing of the wait and trying to be helpful/check I'll hold started immediately after the security questions...

4 min and I gave up 

Guess I'll have to source a landline phone (haven't used one for years) and try calling 150  - Do not want to use my personal mobile and pay call charges

Live chat does not seem fit for purpose, hope VM are aware and spending some effort to fix

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @nb131 

A number of customers have been using whatsapp which makes free calls 0345 454 1111

You can also call  freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

150 is also free from a Virgin Mobile

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks