cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to reset all devices on tv go app

michellemxx
Joining in

hi i have 5 devices registered on the tv go app and i cannot log in anywhere to use can these all be deleted please, it says i cant change them until 1st Sept but doesnt give me the option to delete or replace?

52 REPLIES 52

See, that is the problem .@Katie_WT

I am unable to use any of the 5 devices that are registered so I am basically cut out of the software. Each device is from the same computer so the app decided to have a different variation for each of them.

The history of the browser was only cleared once for work reasons.

But somehow the app has registered 5 different devices when I only use it in one device and on one browser, so it clearly is a fault.

So you are telling me you cannot do anything?!?!

If so, can you direct me to where I can find the 'Live Chat' as this seems impossible to find.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

This is not a fault; this is how the TVGo works.

You can read more about it on the link I provided in my first response. I can only apologise that you have used all 5 slots on one device. 

Katie - Forum Team

So this is how it works?

You are telling me that if I use the app 4 or 5 times in a month with the same device and the same browser and not clearing the history that the TVGO app will register 4 or 5 different devices even though nothing is changed?

This is a fault. No app should be doing this, not even the TVGO app. Technically speaking then, the app would be unusable for me each month as I would have a waiting time to reset devices if I used the app 5 bloody times on the same browser and on the same device without clearing nothing.

Once I exit the app after use and relaunch the app then its seen as a different device...apart from one time where I cleared the history, meaning that I should of had 4 devices free, but I didn't. Branding this issue as a fault.

You cannot sit there and tell me that this isn't a fault, clearly you haven't a notion on what my issue is.

Don't worry, I have resolved my issue!

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I assure you it is not a fault - that is how the system works @Ryan-98. It has been thoroughly looked into in the past and as a result of the investigation, the forum post explaining it was added for all customers to read and understand. 

I have no issues using my laptop as a registered device as I have ensured that my cookies are kept active for TVGo. It doesn't register it as a new device each time.

Glad that you have now found a resolution. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I assure it was a fault.

I read the forum but nothing there stated that the app should register the browser as a new device upon restart of the app. 

I also ensure that my cookies are kept for TVGO but in this instance, TVGO was registering each launch as a new device. I even carefully monitored the cookies and session states deep into the code to identify this problem within the browser. 

Yours might not have registered as a new device but mine did...You should try and understand what I am saying. 

So if it isn't a fault then I would only be able to launch the app 5 times each month before having to reset the devices. So for instance, if I watched TVGO on a Monday, then closed the app then launched it up on Tuesday then kept doing that until Friday. I would be met with exceeded device limit on the Friday which is only 1 Week of use. Making the app unusable for the rest of the month if you get me?

The technical team reset my devices as it was identified as a fault. 

SteveKirwin
Joining in

Hi

I'm on the telephone with Virgin Media at the moment and the person on the other end is having a real problem doing this for me. Are you able to help?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SteveKirwin

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Helllo
I'm on the telephone with Virgin Media as well, and struggling to get help in regards to resetting the tv go 5 devices issue. can you reset this for me please.

HI Jaykaldeen10, thanks for the message and posting on the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues resetting the devices on TVGO and I will send you a private message to get this done for you. - Chris 

Hi Jaykaldeen10, thanks for messaging us over private message. I am glad that we could get things resolved and let us know if you need anything. ^Chris