cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad recording playback

noisyjack
Tuning in

Hi all,

I have a marginally complicated network at home. My iPad is on a different subnet to my VM box, but there is a gateway providing a route between them. I can ping the 360 box from my iPad.

When trying to watch back recordings I get a message saying I'm outside of the home.

Does anyone know the method used to determine whether the iPad is in or out of the home? I want to ensure whatever discovery / messages using are passing over the gateway. 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Paulina,

Thanks for your reply, as stated previously, if I put the WiFi access points on the same subnet as my 360 box it works, so it's not a WiFi issue.

I have to run a number of insecure devices on my network that aren't designed to be connected to the internet for work, which the iPad's also require access to.

I'm trying to configure the network such that I can have my work devices, WiFi access points and other network devices on separate subnets and route traffic between them as required, without having my work devices connected to the internet as far as is practical.

If the method used by the iPad app to identify whether the device is on the same network is literally whether it's the same subnet then I'll stop trying as that's not something I want to do. 

When I have some time the next thing I'm going to try and do is identify if it's really just comparing the first three octet. For instance would the iPad app consider the networks 10.47.0.1/25 and 10.47.0.128/25 to be the same subnet even though they're not as long as there was routing between them?

Thank you for your response noisyjack. With regards to your query about the networks. This isn't something we would be able to advise on as you are using a 3rd party network for this and this isn't something we are trained on. 

Due to this we wouldn't be able to advise further on your specific query. As you have advised the app is working fine when the hub is normally setup in router mode we can only advise speaking with the company that provide your 3rd party network for further assistance.

^Martin