Menu
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is virgin such an Utterly dreadful company to be with.

I've tried to be helpful. But unlike you I don't jump to conclusions about whose fault it is. I ask the right questions and then pass on to the VM team to deal with stuff I can't deal with. But the information you provided is useful. Let's take it from there. But I did ask what version of the VM Hub you have? I assume it is the Hub 3 from the speed of your BB package. Just wait now for the VM Team here to respond. Should be later today or tomorrow. And they will respond in this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Putting things in perspective though. This shouldn’t be the way virgin solve customer issues ad I stand totally by the title of this tread. There is physically no method I can use to contact virgin to solve this issue. Chat forums and web chat never make it through to anyone technical who has the skills to solve it, if they raise a ticket, you never hear about its progress, of which there is open tickets on this issue. If you give up and raise a formal complaint they don’t respond to that either... this does leave a very bitter taste in one mouth.

By relying on good natured folk to offer suggestions, of which ultimately you also have no power to access VM kit, we are reliant on the hope, and that’s all it is, hope. That somebody well help.

2 months on.... I’ve lost faith

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'll put this in perspective for you. I have been advising on this Forum for the last 5 years. VM have recognised the quality of my advice by awarding me VIP status. VIPs do have access to the VM team here and we do get things done. I am not just some "good natured folk" dabbling in this.  I've spent a lot of my own time in unravelling your rants and fulminations to see what was going on. I didn't have to and I now wish I hadn't bothered. You've just forfeited any empathy I may have had for you in pursuing this and following it up.  Yes, VM's customer care does leave something to be desired at the moment. We are all well aware of this. But you won't hear from me again. Just be careful what you wish for. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Fullmoon and thank you for the assistance @HowardML 

What was the date your services were installed? We can see a pre-pull was previously cancelled. 

Are the above screenshots all from one device or have you tried multiple devices and/or web browsers accessing these?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi

21st December I think. The first installation earlier in December was cancelled by virgin . I can’t remember That date it will be close like the 16th maybe.

i have tried iPhone, Android, pc and MacBook. The screenshots above are a mixture of pictures I took today. However the error messages have never changed. Every login attempt or account editing since joining yields the same errors. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, just to confirm did you register for a My Virgin Media account successfully since the install? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have never registered for an account . the lady on the phone Entered all the details for me. I still have her name and number if you want it.. If I attempt to register on the tv go website Today it just tells me I am already registered and points me to use my primary account name. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried to reset the password for this yourself? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Me and support have tried this several times. We have also tried changing my primary email . Neither of the two approaches have made progress

i have just reset my password again and I still get the same error. “Sub accounts can not sign in” . I promise I only have 1 account and that’s my main account I log into to get my bills

0 Kudos
Fullmoon
Joining in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just to recap. 

I can log into my virgin Media and see my account using my primary account email address

once loggged into my virgnmedia I am unable to change anything . I can only view my bills. No options succeed, they all return some webpage error

i use the exact same email and password to now log into tvgo. And it does not work, nor tvconnect app either .

so the username and password works to gain access to the account holder. But it won’t work anywhere else, or let me alter anything

0 Kudos