Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Watching on two devices? error code ovp_00014

Hello V,

We are having problems connecting on more than one device. Currently on the 'manage sky devices' section there are two devices registered, a mac and a ipad. Currently we can only watch on one device at a time, why is this?

My dad is logging on from a caravan parks paid for wifi, but cannot watch a stream on the sky sports app, whilst I am logged in on the mac. I thought registering devices was to do with the actual device, not the IP address from where you log in from? We dont encounter this problem when he's logged in on his home IP!!

Please advise on why this is happening?

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Watching on two devices? error code ovp_00014

I am having the same. Two users only but in different locations as I am out of the house and want to watch on my laptop my wife wants to watch on tablet at home but it seems we cannot concurrently watch sky sports. 

Great giving us six devices but limiting it to one at a time in a family of three is useless

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As posted elsewhere, Sky channels allow one concurrent stream only.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When did that start it has not been that way before?

It clearly says two as well .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patmac2011,

Thanks for the query about streaming Sky Sports App on two different registered devices.

Sky recently updated their terms in streaming Sky content. Only one device is allowed to stream a content and if a customer tries to stream on another device, there will be an error message that will pop up. This took effect last April 1st and affects all content on Sky Cinema App, Sky Sports App and Live Sky channels and On Demand Sky content on the Virgin TV Go.

Hope this clarifies everything.

For any queries, you can always go back to the Community for answers and updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Valerie_T wrote:

This took effect last April 1st and affects all content on Sky Cinema App, Sky Sports App and Live Sky channels and On Demand Sky content on the Virgin TV Go.

April fools!  So now you can register 6 devices for sky but only watch on one with Virgin.  Glad I cancelled Sky Sports with Virgin last month and got my Now TV sports passes. I get three streams with them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying Valerie.

But just a bit more clarification please. Is this just for Virgin customers signing into Sky, or does this apply to skys own subscribers as well?

Thanks for your time 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky TV's own customers have the same one concurrent stream restriction, unless they're paying for additional TV extras.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So, as this is a stark reduction in the Service, when can we expect our subscription rates to be reduced, and by how much?

Kind regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Mykol.

The TV Go service is a value added service and not one you pay separate for.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos