cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching my channels out of home

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

Hello all.

If i'm away and want to watch a game on BT sport (which is part of my package), can i install something, the the BT sport app perhaps, on my firestick, take that with me and watch it on the TV where i'm staying?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wobblewoo wrote:

Hello all.

If i'm away and want to watch a game on BT sport (which is part of my package), can i install something, the the BT sport app perhaps, on my firestick, take that with me and watch it on the TV where i'm staying?

Many thanks

You can only use the BT Sport app if you subscribe directly to BT. It does not work if you subscribe via a third party. The only way to watch away from home is via the Virgin TV GO app, which is only licenced for use on phones & tablets.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No. As a Virgin Media customer, you don’t have access to the BT sport app.

BT Sports channels are available to Virgin Media customers via the Virgin TV Go app but you can’t cast this to a TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wobblewoo wrote:

Hello all.

Many thanks

You can only use the BT Sport app if you subscribe directly to BT. It does not work if you subscribe via a third party. The only way to watch away from home is via the Virgin TV GO app, which is only licenced for use on phones & tablets.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

wobblewoo
On our wavelength

Well that's rubbish. Thanks for the answers. I'll watch it on my mobile I guess. 

Nodrog, I don't suppose you used to watch The Adventure Game many moons ago did you? 

I agree with you.  We both want to watch TV away from home and you can't really do that on a phone.  Why cant the phone to linked to a larger TV screen

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… because no supplier allows you to do this as it will lead to misuse of their service.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wobblewoo

Welcome back to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding watching BT Sport whilst you are away. Just to confirm, you will need to subcribe directly to BT to be able to use their BT Sport app. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,

Serena