cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

Hey Rerieddatast, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some with the TV GO app.

Please can you let me know what version ipad you have and IOS is it on? 

Does it work on other devices fine or does it take a few times to load on here? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

itis an iPad mini 4 on IOS 15.7.2

i have been here many times before giving this information and from other comments on this string so have lots of other people.

the app does work on my Samsung phone better than the iPad but not always.

Thanks Retiredatast,

So I can get a few more details from you regarding this I've popped you over a private message  (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi @Tom_W1, I think the issue I have is worth rights and permissions. The programme I have recorded that I want to watch is a rugby game recorded off BTSport. I can successfully watch other programmes I have recorded, but the rugby matches have the phrase "Only on Virgin TV box" underneath on the selection screen. Clearly, I am using the Virgin TV box, but the viewing devise is my iphone, so that should be OK, shouldn't it?

Yes the issue here is that BT SPort will not allow their programmes to be shown on the app but only via the box onto the tv.

bit stupid really as the app can only be used in the house where the tv is they should call the app Virgin TV House rather than GO

Exactly…. Why can’t it be like sky go….I.e…. watch on the go not just on your home network which is daft 🥴 even more ridiculous is I can’t even watch on my home network and Virgin don’t know why 🙈😡

alecf1
Dialled in

@virgin, are we actually any nearer to finding the cause of this issue? my ipad/iphone has no issues connecting to the internet so i don’t see how hard it can be to connect to a device on a home network.  i e tried restarting my app multiple times this evening and it still doesn’t pick up a cpe ip address to be able to watch programmes record on the device.

Hello Alecf1

i don’t believe they are, all they seem to want to do is change your 360 box which will wipe out all of your recorded programmes and all of your series links and as far as I am aware this solution will not cure the problem. 
I like you have to keep closing and restarting the app several times.

I had a call the other day from the Virgin Media (outsourced to India) call centre offering to enhance my virgin experience (for extra money) so I just told them to go away unless they are going to fix their second rate GO APP so they put the phone down on me!!!

customer service with a smile….NOT

The issue is in regards to content provider not allowing recordings or certain content on third party devices. This is due to copyright protection to prevent redistribution of content as it could be recorded via a third party device, it is not an issue with the app.

Rob

No, this issue is the app not registering a cpe ip address, unless you restart it multiple multiple times, hence the ‘not on local network’ message when trying to watch legitimate recordings when at home.

though the blocking of certain content is equally stupid as it is already recorded and we are at home,so i don’t see what is being violated!