cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV go app

Maxwellplum
Dialled in

Does anyone else have issues with the app. Almost every time I try to watch on my iPad, it gives error messages saying either you are not connected to the home network (I always am) or change setting to Local Network (that is also on). I have to keep turning it off resetting wifi and can take ages before it eventually plays a programme. If I then pause for a reason it usually stops playing and I have to start the resetting all over.

I have also tried using different browsers, Google. Firefox, edge, safari etc no difference 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I have reported it several times and it manage to get an engineer out recently but although they tried to help it isn’t something they really deal with (really…😱) they reset hub told me to stop renaming it or giving new password but still no improvement.

this is such a shame as it’s a great app when it works; I much prefer to watch stuff on my iPad while my husband watches sport etc on TV.

when are virgin going to fix this? I’ve had the same issues even when I had TiVo box, now have 360 but no changes. Surely some guru at virgin must know how to fix this permanently 🥴😡

am I alone with this problem? 

115 REPLIES 115

I’m prepared to try a better hub to see if that helps; preferably the latest & best type you have as long as I don’t have to pay anything.

Can you please arrange to send one to me?

Hello Paulina

i can understand that solving this with an update is out of your capability range but this appears to be a big problem for LOTS a of people so perhaps you could pass this problem and all of the information onto someone that does have the capability to fix it.

we all pay you (virgin) a lot of money each month and I would rather chat to someone with the ability to fix this rather than just “ have a chat about it”

Thanks for coming back to us Maxwellplum.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

from the thread i assume this hasn’t been resolved . i also keep getting this error even when at home with v6 hub on either ethernet or wifi. plus settings shows it has an ip address assigned. like the wifi calling issue too many people have this issue for it not to be solvable. will be interesting when current contract expires f decide to switch to faster toob bb service.

Correct,., no response from virgin 🤷‍♀️

since restarting the app, on ipad, had no effect, but power cycling the ipad seems to have fixed for now. though network was fine before and on same network so no idea what could have changed.  same also fixed after restarting an iphone. still on same house network.

Hi

ive just read through the 6 pages of this thread and would like to add myself to the list of customers suffering from the same issue. I’ve done all the tests and settings checks, and I’m sitting here while my wife watches the TV, but I can’t watch a program I’ve recorded on my iPhone. 

could the virgin team please respond with a suggestion of how to fix this or when they will sort out the app?

many thanks

Hi @Jlwsuter thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of the concerns you've got using Virgin TV Go.

Can you please try to restart your iPad to see if this fixes the issue, as it has worked for some previously?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Note I just had the same issue again on iPhone.

restarted app - no change

restarted phone - no change

restarted app again- now working

ie a cpe ip address shows under settings-diagnostics .

seems the app need to be more robust getting the devices IP address which is always there.

In my lengthy experience with this issue you just have to keep restarting the app.

lastnight it took me 4 attempts before it would work, I keep being fobbed off with the excuse that my iPad is not compatible, well if that is the case why does it work sometimes.