cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV Go ID channel video not in sync with audio

kdjkn
On our wavelength

For the last week my virgin tv go (channel ID, Investigation Discovery) is not working properly, i.e the audio is not in sync with the video. I have done everything that should be done my end (resets, different browsers etc.) but to no avail. I have used the live chat support but I keep getting transferred to different departments that don't respond within a reasonable time. What the hell do I do?

17 REPLIES 17

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kdjkn

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the audio issues you have been experiencing on TV Go, sorry to hear that the audio is out of sync on the Investigation Discovery channel.

Does the issue occur on any other channels on TV Go or just the ID one?

Kind regards,

Serena

kdjkn
On our wavelength

Just the ID channel.

Thank your for your response @kdjkn.

I have been able to access your account using forum details to take a further look into this. I can see you contacted our team very recently and have an engineer appointment booked in regards to this. Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help after

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kdjkn
On our wavelength

I still haven't heard anything and the issue is still ongoing with the ID channel on virgin TV GO still having the audio out fo sync with the Video.

Not good!

Hi kdjkn, I have checked this and can see that a fault has been raised as an outage and we are working to resolve this. Can you uninstall and reinstall the app to see if anything changes?. ^Chris

kdjkn
On our wavelength

I have already done this by reregistering the device (I am using the online service via my desktop so there isn't an app just a link to https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/channel-asset.html/lgi-gb-prodobo-master%3A1698/location/40...) and it hasn't resolved the issue.

Good morning

Have you got a smartphone so can download the app to try it? 

Also, are you experiencing any issues if you were to use the BBC iPlayer, or YouTube etc? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

kdjkn
On our wavelength

I am not having issues with any other channel just ID and no issues using any other streaming service.

And yes the issue is the same using the App on iPhone & iPad.

hesnotthemessia
On our wavelength

I can confirm that I have the same issue with the ID channel of Virgin TV Go. No problems like this with any other channels.

I see a few posts back that Chris mentions "a fault has been raised as an outage and we are working to resolve this."

So it is a fault that Virgin Media are in the process of fixing and customers do not need to, and in fact cannot do, anything to fix it.