Menu
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM telly tablet running android 7 Sky Sports no App

Sadly @lynda59, this looks like an issue that primarily needs to be directed to Sky as it would be their application and ultimately content that you're struggling with.

I'd also have to advise that sadly our team on the Forums are unable to issue technical support with the Telly Tablets, but you are welcome to follow this link for our online assistance

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
lynda59
Joining in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply David. I will go back to Sky

Regards

Lynda

0 Kudos
Tigratone
Dialled in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The telly tablet, in my opinion, is a very good tablet, that up to recently met my needs. But over the last few months it has been let down by either software updates or lack of software updates. Firstly there was the problem with a virus related problem, but giving virgin there fair dues, they did sort it out, but perhaps it could of been avoided if virgin had been kept the tablet upto date with its software.

Secondly as many others have commented, there is the ongoing problem with the sky sports app. This is one of the main uses of the tablet for me, as I watch the sports quite a lot. The tablet meets all the criteria for downloading the app, but the sky app sees the telly tablet as incompatible! It looks again like a software issue either from sky's end or from virgins. All I ask is that the software engineers get this sorted and provide access to the app once again. 

Alternatively another solution would be to access the sky sports channels directly through the Virgin go app, and so by doing this you can bypass  the sky sports app  completely.  Hopefully virgin will look into this. They did it with sky cinema, so it could be possible with the sports.

Sky sports is available on the web, but unfortunately you can't log in using a virgin account. So frustrating!

0 Kudos
SteveH4
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've been in contact with Sky through their web address on the app. The feedback from them is that the app now requires a later version of Android (still waiting for them to tell me exactly which version is required). Unfortunately this means that unless Virgin update the OS on the tablet (very unlikely) this app will no longer work.

On the plus side if you've got a V6 box you can record whatever you want to watch and then stream it to the tablet using the TV Control app (from My Shows). A bit clunky but at least I can still watch stuff in the kitchen while I cook the Sunday roast!

0 Kudos