cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username or Password incorrect, but it isn't

djanm
On our wavelength

I cannot watch Virgin TV on the Go.  I get the error message:

Username or password incorrect. Please retry and click the box below to prove you are not a robot.

I do the robot thing, the captcha pictures eventually but always get the same result.  I have tried:

Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Android, uninstalling and reinstalling the App, clearing cookies, password reset, trawling this forum for an hour to look for a solution.

I should mention that the username and password combination works for My Virgin Media logins 

There was a message somewhere saying that there were multiple email addresses associated with the account.

Please help

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi djanm,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to sign into your TV Go account. Can I first check that you're not trying to sign in using a secondary My Virgin Media account? If this is the case, it will not work as you're only able to sign in with your primary log in details.

Also, I appreciate that your password is clearly correct if you're able to sign in via My VM, however have you tried resetting your password to see if that helps at all?

Thanks

Beth

djanm
On our wavelength

Hi Beth

I have checked in the My Profile section and I'm left to conclude that it is the primary account, because I can see this:

"You can create up to 9 additional My Virgin accounts. You haven't set up any additional accounts yet."

I tried resetting my password but that too doesn't work at the moment. 

Hi there @djanm, thanks for the reply.

Sorry to see this is still not working, I think it would be best to check your details to ensure everything is set correctly. I'll send you a PM to confirm these.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

djanm
On our wavelength

Hi everyone

Update on how this was closed out.  2nd line support called me after I logged a fault.  They 'reset' my TV Go profile and this appears to have had the intended effect.  Note that no password reset or change was required.  I clicked register although I was already registered and devices started logging in.  Chrome and Firefox complained a bit about server request header size but after a few attempts I was in! 

Hi there @djanm, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear this has now been resolved.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules