cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login on Sky Sports app

askinner
Tuning in

I get an error message when I try to use the Sky Sports app. After logging in, I get a message that says 'You will need the relevant subscription to watch this programme. Error code OVP_00005".

I have a Sky Sports subscription through Virgin Media but it doesn't appear to be recognised. 

Can anybody help?

I did speak with two people on the phone, the first of whom hung up after 25 minutes with no help whatsoever. 

14 REPLIES 14

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi askinner, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem when trying to login to the Sky Sports app. Just to confirm, are you able to use the same login details to sign in to your VM online account (virg.in/myVM) successfully? 

Tom 

Hi, yeah I can login to virgin with the same details I login to sky with. It just says I don't have the subscription, but I do. Any idea how I can sort the problem? 

welcome to the gang, been trying since i joined two months a go !same thing has you, loads of calls ,latest was yesterday , she says its sorted ,just un install and  re install app, guess what ,, still dont work!!

Yeah tried that one as well. No luck. Looks like I may just have to cancel the lot

Hi @askinner,

I am really sorry to hear you've been having this issue. Is it ongoing today?

If so, is it possible for you to try this on a different device to see if things work any better at all for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi  put virgin go on p c everything fine except sky sports,again get error sign say not subscribed!its so frustrating ,but iam not giving up ,I really need to watch sky sports on my phone  iam looking after my94 year old mam and I have to watch the football on my phone while I cook the  dinner ect  b.t sports ect OK,why is this so hard for the so called excepts to sort it out !!like I have said one rang me saying it was sorted ,tried it no good,shes soposed to be ring back tomorrow ,could it be sky's doing this on purpose ,it's crazy !!

Hi, yes still same issue. And same issue on my phone. Its not working on any device. Have you tried fixing the issue or is this just a follow up question to my comment? Thanks 

Oh how have l tried ,and tried  and tried,virgin can put people in space but can't fix I simple app!!

Hello askinner

I would like to take a look at this for you 

But first I need to pass security if that is okay 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L