cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access the recording

MissyE1
Tuning in

Hi,

I’m using the Virgin TV Go app on an IPad Pro.  When trying to watch a recording, I receive the following message

‘Unable to access the recording.  
This recording is only available on your home network.  If you are at home, check that you are connected to the same network or SSID as your Virgin TV box, and that the Virgin TV Go app has permission to discover devices on your local network.  To check this, go to iOS settings > Local network > ON’

I have 3 devices.  The iPhone can access recordings, but the 2 iPads cannot.  All 3 devices are using the same home network and ‘local network’ toggle is switched ON in iOS settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's brilliant news.

Thanks for the update Marilyn.

Helping you solve that issue means we may be able to offer the same advice to other users to help them

Stay safe and have a Merry Christmas.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Marilyn,

Thanks very much for coming back to us, I'm glad to hear that @newapollo 's suggestion has solved the issue for you - thanks Dave!

Kind regards,

Serena

How do you turn off web protection on the iPad?

I have the same issue trying to watch anything but can’t find this setting.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @914850301,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

To clarify, is this the Web Safe feature that is on the default Virgin Media broadband service? Alternatively, other members in this post have mentioned that they use a 3rd-Party Antivirus on the device, such as Norton or McAfee. If you have something similar, I would advise contacting the provider of the Antivirus, or taking a look at their online help pages for instructions on how to do this.

If it's your Virgin Media Web Safe, you can do this directly in your My Virgin Media Account, in My Apps and then Web Safe.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hello Reece, not sure how this happened, but this is an old request that appears to have reopened.  I haven’t logged into this forum for 8 months, so if you could close this please, I would be very grateful.

kind regards 

Marilyn

Reece,

I have set up a new post ‘Unable to access the recording’ yesterday, please could reply on that on?