Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv Anywhere keeps buffering

Hi All, 

Ive had nothing but problems since switching over from Sky to virgin for tv and broadband but the latest issue is trying to use the virgin tv anywhere service on a tv upstairs in the house. Its connected to android box. This always worked when we had sky, never an issue. 

First issue was absolutely no apps would open or load. Virgin tv anywhere app kept saying unstable connection. I called virgin support and basically was told buy a powerline adapter or new tv asmy tv is not capable of connecting to 5g. 

I bought a powerline adapter-a lovely 50e charge! 

Connected this yesterday and now i have netflix working. The virgin tv anywhere app just refuses to work, i get as far as logging in and then still get the very same message about an unstable connection and having insufficient bandwidth. What a waste of 50euro. 

I have then tried to log in to the virgin tv anywhere via browser(chrome) and it is a step closer to working as it loads channel and starts playing but keep buffering every second so no use at all. This is on live tv and on catch up and i have tried different channels eyc.

So apart from giving up on the dreM of having a tv working in more than 1 room what else could i try. 

And i really think the suggesyion from virgin to b uy a new tv is a bit much as the purpose of switching was to save money not spend more. 

Thanks everyone,

Laura 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Anywhere keeps buffering

Hello Laura

Virgin TV Anywhere app has now evolved into Virgin TV Control and is joined by the shiny new Virgin TV Go app.

Download the Virgin TV Go app for our brand new TV streaming experience. If you have the Virgin TV Anywhere app, follow the on-screen instructions to update it to the Virgin TV Control app.

So there you go – two handy apps to let you watch and control your telly, at home and on the go. Never miss a thing, no matter where you are.

From https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/TVA/message-id/64280

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What you are trying to do is not permitted by Virgin Media (and, actually, I believe, also by Sky) - cast from a mobile app to a TV.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Im cinfused by your answer- virgin tv anywhere is an app so why would it not be permitted to be used as an app on a tv? 

Or at that viewed via a browser?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i will check if i have virgin tv go app or virgin anywhere installed and see if the newer ones work better.

I highly doubt it though judging from the poor performance on my connection from virgin broadband so far but ill give it a go....

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Neither of these apps are available in Ireland so this wont work for me unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply anyway. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You’re on the UK site.

For Ireland, try here:

https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie-ill have a look now. 

0 Kudos