cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go - sorry not available

DanEy
On our wavelength

Tried Chrome, Edge and downloaded the app (Windows 10 laptop). Works on my phone. Have cleared cookies, restarted, logged out and in - no programmes play. Any advice? Also very annoying that different browsers require registering as different devices but that’s important right now!

13 REPLIES 13

DanEy
On our wavelength

Pinging this again as no replies. Works fine on a phone and an iPad - shame that there is no Cast option. PLays one split second of any programme on this Windows 10 laptop then says the same message

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DanEy wrote:

Tried Chrome, Edge and downloaded the app (Windows 10 laptop).

The following info is from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use 

"We no longer have a Windows 10 app, but Windows 10 devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website."

"To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website."

Did you download the old Windows 10 TVGo app?

Or the webapp via the TVGo webpage?

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

DanEy
On our wavelength

Hi - thanks for the reply. Yes, I have added virginmedia.com to my trusted sites and yes, I downloaded the app from the Virgin TvGo website. I will have a meddle with protected content - have spent a lot of time on this!

DanEy
On our wavelength
Tried protected content - may well be missing something but have tried everything I can think of. Always the same result...

DanEy
On our wavelength

I believe I have added virgin media to my trusted sites and have made what I hope are the adjustments in Chrome Settings - I've been through the site settings in the app and all to the same effect. If it is possible to direct me to any settings that I may have missed that would be really helpful.

Is this a common problem? It doesn't feel like a very user friendly experience at the moment!

Hi @DanEy

Welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with TV Go. From the thread I can see you have tried the options we ordinarily suggest, I am sorry this hasn't resolved things.

Can I check please, you haven't exceeded your maximum devices registered? 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

DanEy
On our wavelength

It says that I have 5 devices registered although three of them, annoyingly, are this laptop (Chrome, Edge and the App)

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you DanEy.

We would be able to reset the devices for you which would enable you to register for just the browser on the laptop. 

Should we give this a try?

Thanks 

Nat

DanEy
On our wavelength

If you think that is worth a try, then yes please. However when I initially tried it was via Chrome and had the issue when that was the only device registered as this laptop. Tried again with Edge and then again with the App. Same issue each time but if resetting them is worth a try I’m happy to give it a go!