cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

rcpinsa
Dialled in

does not resolve the issue

Neil611
Joining in

I now have the same issue, is it possible mine can be reset as i have to wait 30 days to use again! 

stevieb52
Joining in

I am in the same situation as the other posters and now cannot change my devices or view this content for 30 days, as a minimum can you confirm that we can expect a refund for the lack of service during this time?

It would also be nice to get acknowledgement of the actual issue.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 20.14.23.png

So I decided to do a status check a few days ago and low and behold I find that Virgin are apparently aware of this issue in my area and their wonderful engineers are working on the problem and it will be fixed by the next day. (In my dreams!!!!) By the way the original fix date started at the 3rd when I did the status check, we're now on the 6th.

So I ask for a service update, what do I get? I get a message everyday telling me that the engineers are working on it and it will be fixed the following day. so I wait and I get a message the next day with the same, it will be fixed by the following day, and on and on and on!!!!!

This draws me to several conclusions, Virgin Engineers are sh*t at fixing problems, Virgin Media can't be *rsed at fixing a known issue, they don't give a f*ck about their customers, you won't get any compensation for a service they can't provide, and it doesn't look like we'll ever get a solution to this.

Just noticed post 7 on this thread, Virgin said it would be fixed 2nd October, ha ha are they having a chuffing laugh?

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 20.14.23.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-05 at 20.16.57.png

paulsath89
Joining in

Hi - this still doesn't work. I changed the settings on my browser by adding virgintvgo.virginmedia.com to saved cookies and I immediately tried again; I've now run out of devices already for the month and have to wait until Dec to use it. 

Can someone call me to rectify this and correctly talk me through the process? It shouldn't be this difficult to use this service. Your call wait times are ridiculous, someone was supposed to get back to me 4 days ago - still not heard back. I've since waited on hold for over an hour since just for the line to be cut off. 

Not the service I expect for the amount of money I pay per month.

Paul S

@chaddy7604 wrote:

So I decided to do a status check a few days ago and low and behold I find that Virgin are apparently aware of this issue in my area and their wonderful engineers are working on the problem and it will be fixed by the next day. (In my dreams!!!!) By the way the original fix date started at the 3rd when I did the status check, we're now on the 6th.

So I ask for a service update, what do I get? I get a message everyday telling me that the engineers are working on it and it will be fixed the following day. so I wait and I get a message the next day with the same, it will be fixed by the following day, and on and on and on!!!!!

This draws me to several conclusions, Virgin Engineers are sh*t at fixing problems, Virgin Media can't be *rsed at fixing a known issue, they don't give a f*ck about their customers, you won't get any compensation for a service they can't provide, and it doesn't look like we'll ever get a solution to this.

I have been waiting 4 years for this to be fixed.  

daveB231
Tuning in

So the term device isn't correct then. To me a device is a PC, laptop, tablet. (i.e. with a unique MAC address). I have only used TV Go from one PC and can no longer access as I cleared the browser settings. It seems impossible to get this reset as no one in help desk seems to aware of the issue or have any understanding of how TV Go works. Why offer a product that you cannot provide any support for.

@daveB231 wrote:

Why offer a product that you cannot provide any support for.

Don’t know why you have to register devices at all.  Not needed for Amazon or Netflix.  Just causes issues, so should be scrapped.  And then it would be TV Go than than TV No.

R_Wilde
On our wavelength

yay!    did manage to last 10 days this time before i had to replace my device with itself the maximum permitted times.    also - fairly annoying being thrown out twice while actually watching....  all the way to sign in again and the last time to then be told i have used up all my devices.   woop!

so - whats the chance of it being fixed by this below?   -  i assume nil to slim.

how do i get the device list emptied and start again?

R_Wilde_0-1604917570454.png

TIA

Thanks to John at Virgin, issue resolved