cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go not working on iPad

TCICT
On our wavelength

Virgin TV Go app, works sometimes, more often or not, it doesn’t. All I get is the msg in image above,

I’ve deleted and reloaded the app, this doesn’t make any difference,

Then all of a sudden it bursts into life and I’m able to watch some programmes,

Next day it’s back to not working,

This is the only app that I’ve got that works intermittently,

Please solve the problem

E1482169-0199-46E2-BB80-F2364231ABB9.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TCICT thanks for your reply and I'm sorry this appears to still not have worked for you.

It does seem to be an issue with your device updating to the latest piece of software, so I'm sorry we've not been able to provide a fix of this at this stage. 

This may be a last resort option but have you tried to reset your My Virgin Media password (as this is linked to your TV Go one) to see if this helps resolve the issue?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TCICT

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, are you able to access the TVGo app from another device without any issues?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TCICT
On our wavelength

Yes, no problem on my iPhone, problem exists only on my iPad 

TCICT
On our wavelength

This is what I see on Device management within TVGo settings on my iPhone, where you can see the RED writing, this shows everything is working

78331719-CE47-42EE-BE99-A2D826EA515C.png

This is what I get on my iPad, you’ll see that the RED writing is missing.

B4CF9178-097D-45EA-BCE6-EE806C32CD25.jpeg

This error message appears instead 

C4DE74AF-AB42-4506-9A02-DE188D872191.png

Until I can solve this error message, the app will not work properly on my iPad, I’ve tried deleting the app and reloading it but it makes no difference.

Help is required in resetting either the app or iPad to cure this problem

Hi TCICT,

Thank you for confirming the above, have you update the iPad firmware recently, as it works OK on other devices this sounds like it is a device issues rather than the App.

Regards

Paul.

TCICT
On our wavelength

Thanks, I think the problem happened after upgrading to IOS 15.4.1. The iPhone has the same upgrade, but no problem.

This could’ve been the problem but how do I resolve it?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

With it working on all other devices, it would be quite hard to diagnose. Is the profile on the settings on the iPad? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

TCICT
On our wavelength

Ryan

All I know is that the RED writing (should be on the right) which appears on my other devices is missing. See attached image

3A5B1EB8-BFEB-47A7-B8DE-AC0D5775FAF2.jpeg

Then image appears instead when I close down the above image

5F797B2B-0301-47AF-B81E-F34D10280FFF.jpeg

I can’t see where the profile you is to be found, other than it’s not recognising the tv programmes that should be streaming on the iPad, which works on the other iPhones I have

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TCICT,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing TVGo App issue. Sorry that this problem is still only impacting your iPad. 

Have you been able to access the TVGo App Help page to see if this can help resolve your issue? Have you been able to reboot your iPad to see if this can help at all?

Please try signing in and then signing out of your TVGo profile to see if this can help as well.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TCICT
On our wavelength

It’s strange that I can use the web version of TV Go without a problem but cannot get te app to work properly, so I’m giving up on the app after trying everything that’s been suggested. Nothing has worked. 

So thanks for all your help, maybe on the next operating upgrade, it may cure the problem which I feel is lying within the operating system, of which I have no access to unless someone out there knows of a program which will search the system and reset it by deleting the fault, although I don’t hold out much hope for this. If I’m using a desktop computer I do have access to the operating system but not on the iPad ☹️